fewrocker

Tracking hormones

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

Our hormones have an important part in our baseline experience. After watching some videos and reading about it, I'm thinking about getting them regularly checked and correctly balanced

Apart from testosterone, thyroid hormones and cortisol, which other hormones you think are important to pay attention to?

• Stress hormones should be decreased to zero with rigorous meditation practice, Coffee makes you more stressful, Conversely Green Tea  makes you more relaxed and calm ( Adrenaline and Cortisol
  • Secretion of Dopamine, which plays an important role in the sense of motivation and has direct relation with rewarding center of the brain, should be taken control of through the practices of delayed gratification
  • Melatonin hormone plays a key role in Sleep Cycles, Regulating the secretion of this hormone helps the person to wake up refreshed in the morning so Caffeinated beverages suppress the Melatonin release just prior to going to bed.
  • Serotonin aka Happy hormone is released during exercise or eating dark chocolate 
  • Endrophine also is released in physical activities and is more similar to Serotonin

Those are all hormones you should consider for your own personal development, the others are more for medical studies and of course for that reason, I'm not going to mention Erythropoietin here :))

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

If you are interested I would suggest you study a little bit more about the HP Axis. This is the Hypothalamus - Pituitary connection that is in charge of your entire endocrine (hormonal) system. 

These two govern your entire glandular system:

• Thyroid 
  • Parathyroid
  • Pineal Gland
  • Thymus (only works in early part of life)
  • Adrenal Glands
  • Pancreas 
  • Ovaries/Testes
  • Breasts and mammary glands (women)

The hormones such as testosterone and adrenaline are just end products of this massive interconnection of pre-hormones and releasing factors so learning about the hypothalamus and anterior/posterior pituitary and its connection to all other glands and hormones could give you a large systemic overview rather than picking individual hormones. This is because body does not work in segments but eveything is interconnected :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus