Jacobsrw

The Void Of Awareness-“I am intelligent just as I am stupid”

3 posts in this topic

So lately I’ve been practicing the focus of attention on deep awareness in mediation and in daily life. It’s been a great but challenging journey. 

This is a profound insight I had the other day was: “I am intelligent just as I am stupid”. This was no mere philosophical semantics. Quite literately this was an existential permeation throughout my very being. A two sided coin so to speak. 

As I learn I must also unlearn. As when I learn one thing it inevitably pulls me in a direction away from something else important to learn. Hence, why I must later detach from it. ‘Not knowing’ could be paraphrased as the stupid and the intelligent could be paraphrased as the ‘Knowing’.

So the basis of this has provided me a physical embodiment of the true importance of being mindful of clinging to concepts, theories, ideologies and beliefs. They must at some point be dropped. The benefit of this insight was it was not intellectual it was a metaphysical unfolding. Quite beautiful indeed.

@Jacobsrw Awesome realization. A phrase I’ve heard that comes to mind, worth contemplating...The Knower is The Known. Also, perhaps consider a reversal, in the sense, the “knowing” appears within what is infinitely transcendent to knowing....”Not Knowing” = Being. 

(Not Knowing; Horton.   “knowing”, appears to happen in Whoville, but it’s actually Horton)

Far from stupid. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm yes I like that analogy. It’s quite real too. I think when the self and observer begin to really understand what is occurring within them, they too transcend what they were not able to first see.