Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
courageouslittleone

Meditating And Exercising Back To Back

5 posts in this topic

I typically exercise in the morning and meditate in the evening. However, I've found I have been slacking following through on meditating consistently since it's not until the evening. I think I would stick to it more if I meditated in the morning. I'm wondering though, is it ok to meditate and exercise back to back? If I meditate before exercising will I ruin the calm feeling that you feel after meditating, or if I exercise first will I ruin the feeling of being energetic by meditating after? I hope I explained that well enough to make sense.  

I meditate post-workout some days. Seems to work fine for me. I'm a pro at exercising and a noob at meditating though so take this for what it's worth. 

try meditating while exercising ;) 

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

I've reached a meditative state while running on a forest trail. It is a great and surreal experience. It felt like a hyper-real dream. I was able to take in everything I was experiencing around me. 

I think it has to do with what you hope to get out of your meditating session. If you're mainly looking for relaxation you should take time to "slow down" your body. If you're looking for blissful and surreal experiences, or "lucid living" you can experiment with back to back exercise and meditation or a combination of the two. I don't think its possible to ruin either. I do however think that if you are doing the two back to back just to get them in everyday, or you rush just to get them done with, the experience won't be nearly as enjoyable/productive. 

Edited by Corte

I often meditate after my workout in the morning. I think it is so pleasant to be mindful in the endorphins running through your system. And this is just me personally but meditation leaves me feeling mentally energized so its a win win. I would give it a shot! I struggle with the same thing when I don't get my meditation early in the day.