livg7046

LOA vs Resistance

6 posts in this topic

I've contemplated how to manage the Law of Attraction and Resistance for some time but still struggle with it. 

I believe that is another duality...the simple minded picture of: an angel and one shoulder and a devil on the other.  To me this is a good way to put it...although I know it isn't about good or bad but aligning with your vision and trusting the choices you make.  Obviously there are times where is it easy to make the choice away from resistance like choosing meditation over watching Netflix for example...but sometimes the choice isn't that easy.  The Ego does a great job of painting itself as a beautiful angel sometimes. 

I am early on in my journey...so how can I tell the difference?  Patience? Not worrying about it and just simply trusting that what will be will be?  Or is there more to it than that?

giphy.gif

Ooooh this is a great question. I think that we know what things end up putting us in the "vortex", if you're familiar with that term. So for me that's running, or getting into a freezing cold ocean or lake or meditating. I work through the resistance but ultimately I end up strongly in the vortex. However, if I avoid resistance and scroll down my Facebook feed for too long, I'll be waaaay out of the vortex. Sometime indulgence is well earned, like AFTER you go for the run or meditate. It's only when it's well earned that it makes you feel good the entire time. 

I think that's why you need Leo along with Abraham Hicks.

Do the difficult thing, don't be a pussy!

Pay attention to your feelings, do what feels good.

There's the right time for each approach. 

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." Ecclesiastes 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

12 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I think that we know what things end up putting us in the "vortex", if you're familiar with that term.

I am not familiar with that term!  I have had times while meditating or doing yoga that I have felt "in a spiral"...is that what this means?  

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Actually that video is not that great at explaining it, as much as I love Abraham Hicks. Sorry. :( Give me some time I'll find a better one later today.

Basically, the vortex is a natural high, the flow state, a meditative state, feeling like you're in love, seeing beauty that takes you breath away. That's "enlightenment... that feeling, that we all are searching for, that's what we are here to experience. Using both the law of attraction and great self discipline can make it so that you are in the vortex more and more of the time. It is "source" it is the energy that we are made of and it's that we all seek to connect to. 

Start at 8:20

Edited by mandyjw

The unwanted feeling or resistance is something forced on you something that you don't want and only the opposite can generate such a feeling, that is you are holding dearly into something that isn't yours or should not be yours if you want to remove that resistance.