Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flicker_boy

Dealing With The Fear Of Letting Go

4 posts in this topic

during a meditation today my experience of body and world became more and more centerless, as if the barriers were melting, and it was really soothing. At some point though, a sudden fear sparked in the body and the experience got back to the separation paradigm. This has been happening quite frequently and seems to be slowing progress. Has anyone had experiences like this? How do you deal with this contraction?

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

@Lorenzo Engel I experienced the same thing back in August a couple of times. It felt as if I was floating out of myself and I would pull back. Than in September it happened again but this time I surrendered to it by letting go of everything. That was when a breakthrough happened.  

Edited by cetus56
Spelling correction