Rohit Raj

How can an Artist or a Creative Person Promote their Work

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone ,

• My name is Rohit and I am a Dancer by profession, and I struggle to be on top of my Financial needs. I have been lately asking Imp question Abt the subject matter, and wanted to get different Prespectives of How a creative person creates their own pitfall or how some practical skills or things or habits or daily routines  which I can learn that super charges my current stage and get me More momentum and help me Improve my Levels of Creativity.

Thank You.

Rohit Raj 

Creativity and promotion are 2 distinct things that should be learned separately, although they compliment and interconnect with each other.

From information that you gave, I'd advice to educate yourself and raise your awareness on how business and marketing works. There are probably things that you're most unaware of as most people are. Especially pay attention to how successful people specifically do it in your industry and what promotion tactics do they use. Mimique the most successful, try to see the pattern.

When the pattern is recognized and documented - make a commitment to go with it. In creative professions (such as yours) it is usually required to build your portfolio and then present it in a high-end way, positioning yourself as a valuable professional. Work on your creativity skills and habits to create all that.

But don't half-ass marketing work and marketing research before you do that. You need to deliberately analyze your market and be very serious and dilligent about how you're going to brand yourself - What niche in your market are you targeting?  How are you different from your competitors? How are you unique?  What is your value proposition? Why would someone hire you\buy your coaching over someone else?  

Very important things. Yet many people half-ass or completely disregard this process and then wonder why they don't get any results in business and why life is so difficult. Be open to break your dogma about business and don't listen to anyone if they are not successful. Completely disregard all opinions and tactics from your family, poor friends and general society when it comes to marketing and business. They will corrupt your mind and make you stay stuck and poor.

I hope that helped

Edited by Hello from Russia

It would be valuable if you shared your goals: both professionally and financially.  I think the recommendations would be different if your goals was to "pay the bills", or to be "financially wealthy".  

@Rohit Raj hey man@Hello from Russia brought up some good points. But, I see your into dancing. What kind of dancing are you into hip hop? Try making cool dance video and post it on platform that will get everyone watching your video. Edit your dancing videos all cool and shit and keep doing that consistently. Build up your followings because then you will find your niche audience and once you have a nice following. You can sell dance courses to your subscribers. For example: you can sell a course on how to be a hip hop dancers for $100. If you can get 10 people to buy your course you can make $1000 day!! We are just scratching the surface here....