Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
7thLetter

Is it wrong that I don't talk to my siblings anymore?

2 posts in this topic

I live with them, I have an older brother and sister. I haven't had a real conversation with my sister in 1-2 years, and brother in 7 years.

This is mainly about my brother. We never hated each other back in the day, we always played video games together and all that but these days that never happens. For some reason when I was probably Grade 9 or 10 in High school, I decided to stop answering him and started to ignore him. I don't know why, my ego probably got in the way of things, and I probably started to think he was weird.

Nowadays, I really miss the old times. I've been re-watching some of the old movies we would watch, and playing old video games we would play. I tried to talk to them during the Christmas season, but it was quite difficult. Sometimes I always think to myself if it would be a good idea to start talking to them again or not. I have goals, and they tend to fall into a lot of distractions on their free time and I often think that would rub off on me.

This year I haven't been to any of our family dinners, I always just stayed home. Because every time I'm there, its just an awkward silence. My brother and sister have a good relationship with each other, and they probably talk a lot when I'm not there.

I always imagine how it would go if I ever talked to my brother again. What if he started questioning why I never talked to him, etc. And I also imagine if I would ever regret it 10, 20 years down the line when we move on with our lives.

Edited by 7thLetter

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Hey, bro I feel you on this. Honestly man, if you feel like you wanna go have a conversation with your bro. Go talk to him. Everybody want to feel that someone is interested in them. If you go be a kind and loving brother to your sibling they will see that and respect you. And might start engaging with you.