Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ExodiaGearCEO

How do I repay my parents for not being successful?

4 posts in this topic

I am 22 years old and I still haven’t build my foundation yet. I still live at home with my parents. Lately, I’ve been depressed and regret so many bad decisions over the years to lead me where I am right now. My parents are so loving and always supporting me. But it hurts because deep down I feel that I had let them down. They work everyday just so they can put food on the table for me and my younger brothers. I don’t know what I would do if they were gone. How can I repay my parents for not being successful? Thanks!

For not being successful? You’re building your own prison and you’re not aware of it.

The first thing you can do is change your language. In order to change your language you have to become more conscious. If you want to become more conscious then maybe start a good habit of meditation. Meditate everyday for a year, and see what happens. 

I think you are being really down on yourself for no reason. Lots of 22-year-olds live with their parents- there is nothing wrong with it at all! In my country, people often lie with their parents until they get married- that can be at 30 years of age. The way to repay your parents is to help around the house, mow the lawns, wash the cars, cook some meals and all the rest. If you have some spare money you could offer to contribute to the grocery bill.

But above all, thank them and tell them how grateful you are to them- let them know you love them. Your parents just want you to be happy.

It sounds like maybe something went wrong for you and you feel bad about it. Things go wrong for everyone at some time or another. It's not what happens to you, but the way you learn from it that counts.

Edited by LaraGreenbridge