Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maximillien

How To Want ?

19 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm French, sorry for my English.

I accepted the fact that there is no "me" or "free choices" but then I was wondering, how can "I" want anything if "I" does not exist. It's hard to explain... How could we want if we have no choices. The problem is, I we don't want anything why would we do anything ?

6 minutes ago, Augustin said:

Hi, I'm French, sorry for my English.

I accepted the fact that there is no "me" or "free choices" but then I was wondering, how can "I" want anything if "I" does not exist. It's hard to explain... How could we want if we have no choices. The problem is, I we don't want anything why would we do anything ?

Wants and desires come from the concept of self, your genetics, your upbringing/social programing.   It is a cause and effect chain. 

You see, hear, taste, smell, touch, remember something and you "want" something based on earlier pre-conditioned states.  

Then, how to be proud of what I do, if it's just how it was supposed to happen... It's not my choice or desire to self actualize.. If I do, I can't be proud of it, it's just because I stumble upon leo's videos... 

There are desires, there is just no "I" that is having those desires.

@Augustin

Edited by WelcometoReality

1 minute ago, Augustin said:

Then, how to be proud of what I do, if it's just how it was supposed to happen... It's not my choice or desire to self actualize.. If I do, I can't be proud of it, it's just because I stumble upon leo's videos... 

Pride is a delusion.  There is no "pride" in self actualization, it is just realizing what you really are, deep down, without all the concepts that proliferate in our society.  

A part of me (well "me") is embracing the journey... another part was going in for the pride and the recognition, what appear now to be nonsense...

6 minutes ago, Augustin said:

A part of me (well "me") is embracing the journey... another part was going in for the pride and the recognition, what appear now to be nonsense...

That you recognize that is good.  That is pretty much the point;  your ego, the concept of the self you have constructed, will do things that it thinks are beneficial, or good for it. 

All you can do is observe and recognize that/what is happening.  Once you get good at it, you can see if the things that come up are ultimately going to be harmful or not.  Once you get good at the "wisdom" portion you can start picking the concept apart, and see it for what it is. 

That is why this is a path.  It is steps that culminate, ultimately, at a realization.  And even after that realization you still have a ways to go. 

At some point, you will surrender and lose "yourself" and find the peace you were looking for.  But at the cost of the "self" you constructed in life upto the moment of the realization. 

Edited by SkyPanther

7 minutes ago, Augustin said:

I can relate to that. 

I am enlightened. You all should listen to me. Be grateful of my advice and my time I give to you. ?

@SkyPanther I already had a switch in my way to think. From "I choose to" to me doing stuff and understanding it was not a choice but a consequence, and my ego was trying to appropriate those stuff as if they were choices. It was hard time. During a couple of month, I felt kind of bad about it. I know it should be greatful, but life seem so vain when you realize about the "self" and "choices" being fake. I know it's part of the journey, but is there anyway to stop feeling it's ankward ?

5 minutes ago, Augustin said:

@SkyPanther I already had a switch in my way to think. From "I choose to" to me doing stuff and understanding it was not a choice but a consequence, and my ego was trying to appropriate those stuff as if they were choices. It was hard time. During a couple of month, I felt kind of bad about it. I know it should be greatful, but life seem so vain when you realize about the "self" and "choices" being fake. I know it's part of the journey, but is there anyway to stop feeling it's ankward ?

Heh, do not take it seriously; laugh at how silly the mind can be, and "release" the idea/thought, by not paying attention to it. Like you do in meditation. 

20 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

I am enlightened.

Kinda oxymoronic

26 minutes ago, Augustin said:

"I know it's part of the journey, but is there anyway to stop feeling it's ankward ?" Find what flows with your nature.

4 minutes ago, Augustin said:

Kinda oxymoronic

Indeed. Fascinating that ego can hide in such clear fallacies.

@Augustin I think in general, do not take life, the ego, etc, so seriously;  You won't make it out "alive" no matter how seriously you try. So make it a game, and see the ego as a character in a play. The queues you get are from everyday life and from other people that take themselves and life too seriously. Observe it, and have a laugh at the absurdity, and beauty of it all.

Ideally it should be about sincerity, not seriousness. ;)

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players; They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts[...] - Shakespeare

Edited by SkyPanther

@SkyPanther

2 hours ago, SkyPanther said:

You won't make it out "alive" no matter how seriously you try.

His this undeniable ? How do you explain it ?

Just now, Augustin said:

@SkyPanther

His this undeniable ? How do you explain it ?

Life, no matter how seriously you take it, will end in death, so enjoy it and do not take it seriously, but sincerely.

Consciousness is the I am,  consciousness became lost in the identity it created for itself.  Then came the desires and wants of the identity, then came the consequences.

In a few consciousness awakens to what has actually happened to itself, it reclaims its original state of being causing what seems like a little separation between consciousness and the identity, when functioning as a being of consciousness rather than the identity.

If you remain here in this dimension, life will bring things to you, some may be from things that are going on around you, some may involve quantum memory, which is what has been rooted in consciousness, and can provide a cleansing of that from consciousness if embraced and learned from. 

In daily life when these events arise, the question is where are you seeing the events from ? identity or consciousness.  When one experiences the event as a conscious, aware, present being of consciousness, as the observer only of the event, you have an opportunity to see the reality of the event, and a conscious aware decision can be made (if one is required) to act in a way that will keep you moving toward liberation.  If the event is seen clearly from consciousness one can turn away from the event and it ceases to exist with no distraction or consequence.

When the event arises in one that functions as the human identity, which is controlled by programing, a false belief system, and a warped perception of life, it is impossible for the human identity to see the reality of anything, it only sees more warped perception controlled by the programing and false belief.

Functioning as a self realized being of consciousness brings, peace, joy and happiness, and liberation from the fictitious identity, programing and false belief. 

The important question is what state of being do you want to be in when consciousness departs the body, do you want to depart it as a liberated being of consciousness, in an aware, present, conscious state of being or as a being that is still lost in the identity, with all the nonsense, programing and false beliefs associated with the identity.   Just because you leave your body at what you call death does not mean that the consciousness has been cleansed of what was allowed to take root in it, it is still there, its not just going to go away because you left the body.  It will control your being after you leave the body, just like it did when you were in the body as identity, until consciousness is cleansed. 

Cleansing of the consciousness can take place while you are here in this body, it can become liberated from the nonsense gathered during this existence as well as quantum memory, but the cleansing can only happen when you function as a being of consciousness and not the identity.

Self realization is the only thing that will cleanse consciousness and allow for the experience of liberation.

A want/desire is kind of like an allergic reaction. Some thought or event will trigger the desire, and then you'll have thoughts and feelings buzzing around you, until you give in and scratch that itch, or until you hold off long enough for it to go away. The "I really want this" and "I want this out of life" thoughts arise from this type of allergic obsession and you're not the one thinking them, if you pay attention. "Wanting" still happens, but you can realize that it's just a general phenomenon of thoughts and feelings, not personal to you.

Edited by Grasshopper

@Augustin I have no reason to write this text.But if i think about it i can come up with something.