Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cossta

Stressful To Become Successful?

4 posts in this topic

Hi, once again. There is somethink I need to understand, In my life and in general I hear different people saying that you need to be stressful to become successful. I mean successful in school, relations, work, etc. Is it needed to be very active, to have a complex schedule? or is about to form good habits and to follow what are you looking for?

Edited by Cossta

@Cossta Success isn't easy. However, it also depends on how you are as a person. Some people, like me, work best under a lot of pressure, and we also feel most satisfied BEFORE the job/work/goal is complete because we're always looking for the next thing.

And other people can't handle stress, but they can find success in other ways, but I'm not the right one to speak about that haha

- Enter your fear and you are free -

@Cossta Probably the healthy amount of stress that usually goes into anything big that you're pursuing but I think our culture has the wrong idea about busy-ness and constantly doing and moving fast paced which is the tone I get from the "stressful to be successful" saying. 

People seem to think the more that you do and constantly saying yes and constantly filling your schedule is going to get you somewhere, but in the end you just end up depleted. Working harder instead of smarter doesn't help with success. Having a certain amount of focused energy which is effective will yield you big results, and giving yourself space the rest of the time will be good for your health 

When people advise us on time management they will often say the best strategy is to focus on the most important and scrap the rest of the fluff that isn't helping you as much, it's by constantly doing and stressing that we end up feeling like we have no time and that's just because we don't think carefully about the quality of what we fill our time up with, we just shove everything in there so we feel like we're living

I guess this also links to the addiction video, about how we're addicted things like success and money and work because we're running away from our existential emptiness, so again we must feel stressed out with lots to do otherwise we'll have to face... The quiet! ?

7 minutes ago, Saarah said:

@Cossta Probably the healthy amount of stress that usually goes into anything big that you're pursuing but I think our culture has the wrong idea about busy-ness and constantly doing and moving fast paced which is the tone I get from the "stressful to be successful" saying. 

People seem to think the more that you do and constantly saying yes and constantly filling your schedule is going to get you somewhere, but in the end you just end up depleted. Working harder instead of smarter doesn't help with success. Having a certain amount of focused energy which is effective will yield you big results, and giving yourself space the rest of the time will be good for your health 

When people advise us on time management they will often say the best strategy is to focus on the most important and scrap the rest of the fluff that isn't helping you as much, it's by constantly doing and stressing that we end up feeling like we have no time and that's just because we don't think carefully about the quality of what we fill our time up with, we just shove everything in there so we feel like we're living

I guess this also links to the addiction video, about how we're addicted things like success and money and work because we're running away from our existential emptiness, so again we must feel stressed out with lots to do otherwise we'll have to face... The quiet! ?

Aham, I see. Well I've came across with a video that post it someone here on this forum and I've founded it somehow interesting:

Is it possible that perception grows by meditating or what you said "to be quiet" or I am wrong?