fryingLotus

My relationship with food / has anyone on here recovered from binge eating?

23 posts in this topic

I'm a past binger. I found that not letting myself get really hungry in the first place was key during my recovery. Eating healthy food often that kept me feeling full. Restriction and fasting just made my cravings worse. I'm currently vegan and do water fasts every now and then - But if I still was in recovery this would be a safe road towards a huge binge

Thank you for all of your comments. I've been up and down like a big fat yoyo covered in melted chocolate and lard.

I've started journalling and really feel this is helping. I feel like I just need to keep tipping the bingeberg into the path of this titanic eating habit to sink that lil puppy to the bottom of the sea where it can stay.

Not sure if anyone cares (a lot have commented so hopefully :)) but I will update this as progress comes.

Thank you all once more!!

It's not just about watching the cravings when they arrive. Next time you binge eat on some junk food observe the aftermatch.

If you have big goals for yourself that requires focus and discipline(AKA life purpose) you will realise that eating junk just isn't going to cut it.

Now I don't know you personally but I think getting your priorities straight and your vision in check is a good way to cut through a lot of bullshit.

Also remember that when you improve your diet you improve your whole life at the same time(increased energy levels therefore better performance and fulfilment in all aspects of life: Relationships, work, spirituality).

Sailing on the ceiling