The White Belt

So I Had My First Lucid Dream... Or Did I?

3 posts in this topic

Right, so.

For about two weeks I've been noting my dreams down on my phone and counting my fingers and last night I count my fingers and it adds up, and I try again and it never adds up so I tell myself I'm dreaming, I wasn't too sure but then somebody said I was dreaming.

So I'm excited as it is my first ever lucid dream but it's not quite as I expected as I didn't have too much control. I saw a girl I know out of nowhere so I proceed to have sex with her by starting to eat her out but it only lasted like 5 seconds and then my dream jumped around.. I thought I'd have enough control to have full blown sex? And then I thought I'd try the flying thing but I can only really fly a little bit.. Like across the room but it got harder and harder to do..

Then I thought I'd do the whole talk to the subconscious so I was looking in the mirror and I just asked myself 'what are you afraid of?' But my face was just messing up.. And then it was just normal random dream stuff.

So I suppose my question is.. Was this a lucid dream? Or just a normal dream with a bit of control.. Like a half lucid dream?

Has anyone had this kind of experience?

Thanks. 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

It's a lucid dream, congrats !

There is different stages of lucidity, even half-lucid is considered as a lucid dream.

If a character told you in a dream that you were dreaming, it's a nice proof that your subconscious is concerned about the fact that you'r trying to dream lucid (it reflect your focus on the last few days/weeks). It's fun to see such events, sometimes  dream characters deny when you say they are fictionnal characters, they don't believe you. But sometimes it's the opposite : dream elements and characters want to make you lucid, and it work like a reminder.

You can learn to recognize your most common dreamsigns, make a list of that, and check the list (in mind) each time you perform a reality check.

Did you tried WBTB + WILD ? It tends to generate more vivid dreams.

List of acronyms :

http://www.dreamviews.com/wiki/Acronym-List

Edited by Soulbass

Thank you for your response! It's all so cool. I was skeptical at first.

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki