melinda123

Depressed boyfriend, we broke up, again..

22 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, melinda123 said:

Update again: 

OK so my ex texted me tonight. 

It has been 2 weeks since we broke up and tonight he texted me this: 

”Hi, how are you? I’m sorry if I made you upset when I blocked you on snapchat, it was for my own best. No harm meant☺️” 

I haven’t answer him yet and I don’t know if I should? I mean, he didn’t say in the text that he wants me back and that’s what I want. I feel like when he just asks me how I’m doing he just wants to see if I’m still there waiting for him. I want to show him that I am not a toy and that I actually am strong. 

Should I answer him or wait and see if he text me again? 

Don't play games. Just be real or move on. To be honest though, it doesn't seem like he is taking the relationship too seriously. I would just get out but you do you. 

5 hours ago, melinda123 said:

Update again: 

OK so my ex texted me tonight. 

It has been 2 weeks since we broke up and tonight he texted me this: 

”Hi, how are you? I’m sorry if I made you upset when I blocked you on snapchat, it was for my own best. No harm meant☺️” 

I haven’t answer him yet and I don’t know if I should? I mean, he didn’t say in the text that he wants me back and that’s what I want. I feel like when he just asks me how I’m doing he just wants to see if I’m still there waiting for him. I want to show him that I am not a toy and that I actually am strong. 

Should I answer him or wait and see if he text me again? 

To me it seems like he has indicated to you over and over that he doesn't want to be in a relationship, yet is open to friendship or casual sex. He may want to keep you around as a friend or for casual sex. 

What is your intention here? Are you open to friendship or casual sex? My impression is that you want to be in a relationship.

If it were me, my response would depend on my feelings. If I still wanted to be in a relationship with the person, I probably wouldn't respond. Or I may respond out of courtesy that I am not yet ready to interact as friends and that I need more time and distance - and that I will contact you when I am ready to be friends. Yet I would avoid engaging in a fantasy that maybe we can get back together and have a relationship. He has already indicated in many ways and many times that that is not what he wants. No strategy is going to change is orientation from friends/causal sex to a committed relationship orientation.

He would probably be into some casual sex, yet my impression is that is not what you want and you would get emotionally attached.

Just my impressions. . .