Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

Book Request - Wisdom and understanding

3 posts in this topic

Which books are great for teaching you skills and techinques for how to understand reality well. Well I mean with clarity, holistically, etc. Understanding the universe from a yellow or turquoise perspective. Are there any spiritual techniques for this? Maybe like a jnana yoga but not for absolute infinity but for relative reality? Any good books on critical thinking? Active listening? How do you absorb stuff from a philosophy book in a totally wise way, what's the best way to get insights from them? Are there any meditation techniques directly applicable for such a use case? 

Would really love a jnana yoga sort of philosophy and practice for studying the universe, rather than studying who you are. Like a contemplative practice where you could contemplate on some phenomena of reality and get really deep with it. Would love to understand what the laws of physics are made of, why they work the way they do, what is a square in essence? What is light? What is qualia? I'm looking for some practice or technique to really go deep and understand what is all this stuff and how it was created, why it was created, the consequences of its creation, etc.

My life purpose is to revolutionise science in a way which sparks waves of curiosity in people and enables the human race to reduce suffering. To do this, one needs a really good understanding of what science is, and what needs to change. Also what reality is too. 

Edited by electroBeam