Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
darind

Understanding emotions part 2

3 posts in this topic

Now I think I know why takes Leo so long to upload this very important episode. 

While working at myself to reach my awarness of my emotions by learning, researching, experimenting, failing and trying again I d found out that actually there is very few good information available. If you think at love, as an example, Socrate, Freud and so on has trying (I hope is the right English tenses) to explain what love is. And this work is still going nowadays. 

So if here is kind of a new domain of study, I guess that Leo, if he s a researching dude, has to come up with even something new or to dig deeper with his research. 

What do you think? 

There is nobody interested in that? 

Or is something which I missed here or I wasn't clearly enough in my expression? 

27 minutes ago, darind said:

There is nobody interested in that? 

Or is something which I missed here or I wasn't clearly enough in my expression? 

No, it's just that it's that emotions are a strange thing to discuss.
If you're having a specific dilemma - what is the point of asking other people's opinion? Nobody can tell you what you should feel and dealing with your feelings is very circumstantial. This is why psychotherapy is so time consuming. You have to learn to translate your feelings to questions and answer them to reach closure. Random strangers on an internet forum can only share principles to work with and these are very obvious and widely known.

The other thing to learn is that people can't really be described and most important things are always left out when you're composing a life story to share. When people try to 'get' you while reading your stuff, they add a ton of their own baggage into the process, so it's not really obvious who are they responding to? You? Their shadow?

I think that the most important thing about emotional mastery is taking ownership of your life and to stop getting hung up needlessly.
Asking people to fix your problems is counter-productive in my opinion, but I get that unless you ask - you wouldn't have known that.

PS. I wrote this post as is if I thought that you don't know these things, but I don't know you and it's an assumption, so please don't get upset. It's a general answer.

PS2. It's sometimes the case that the best questions remain unanswered because they're too deep for the audience. Funny how easy it is to confuse the ambiguity of silence.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2