Nervtine

How To Start And Finish A Project When You Don't Feel Like Your Work's Good Enough?

3 posts in this topic

Though I am sure on what my life purpose is (author and artist) I get caught up in the "not good enough" feeling a lot of the time. 

Sometimes I feel like the projects I have are either too ambitious, or they are such a good idea I would be remiss to make them debuts, as they would be tainted with amateurish mistakes. 

Emotional mastery is something I've been working on, and if any of you had insights on how you have gotten past this, I'm game to hear. Trying to push me into "Just do it!" mode prematurely burns me out on a project, which ends up making me feel even more hopeless.

I've been stuck on a few projects for 10 times longer than I probably should be, and am dealing with the guilt that comes from that. And I know seeking solace in the forum probably shouldn't be the first step, but I'm combined with a tough last few days, this has me at a loss and I've found myself just wanting to curl up in bed and forget about my dreams. 

Perfectionism is not mastery. To be a master you have to start as an amateur and then you will make a lot of mistakes on the path.  To be a master takes dedication and stamina and it's not a sprint to the finish.

I have worked on some projects and ideas for over ten years, sometimes with breaks that last a year or more. Do I feel guilt? No. Sometimes you need plenty of time to learn something deeply and let it seep into your bones.

The number one thing you need for emotional mastery is to be very self aware. For example, I know my stubborn inner child well enough not to fight against it, if I did, nothing would get done. Instead I bore that child first, by sitting there and doing nothing for as long as it takes, until the child is asleep; and then I work. Learn what makes you tick, be a master of your own self.

All stories and explanations are false.

Maybe you can try to think about the impact your project will bring to other people and/or yourself.

I've changed my account password to something I don't remember. 

I do not support actualized.org anymore

goodluck