CreamCat

Science meets personal development.

2 posts in this topic

In this video, a doctor talks about his own personal development.

The doctor had contempt for an obese diabetic woman who was about to get a foot amputation due to diabetes. He thought "If you cared even a little bit, you wouldn't have to get an amputation in the first place." Later, he got diabetes and became fat despite the fact that he exercises a lot and eats properly. With a lot of efforts, he cured himself of diabetes. He started thinking that insulin resistance can often cause obesity and diabetes. Now, he feels sorry for her for feeling contempt. Now, he wants forgiveness from her.

There's one thing he could have done better. He could have felt empathy and compassion for an obese diabetic woman even if she became fat because she was a lazy bum.

He also emphasized the importance of embracing uncertainty. He knew the exact cause of type 2 diabetes, which is eating a lot and exercising little. He was humbled by his own type 2 diabetes. Now, he thinks he can't afford the luxury of scientific certainty. He was humbled for his hubris. Leo Gura also emphasizes the importance of embracing uncertainty. This video taught me what it's like to embrace uncertainty. I also thought I had figured out everything about productivity until I got hit by ego backlashes. I must also embrace uncertainty.

Edited by CreamCat