Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aakash

glad you understand leo

11 posts in this topic

glad you understand leo, the sheer fact that you need to do actualised.org only serves to limit the amount of time you spend on yourself, this goes for the forum too, knowing that you'll have to reply to things 8 hours later is not good for spritual work, so i think you should take a years break ahah . 

Leo seems to have a strong need to make a significant impact on knowledge areas in order to revolutionize them.  He wants to fix culture.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor its simple human nature, when you understand a system so wholy after years of studying, you start to see gaps in the pattern emergence, if were really taking oneness to be the truth then at any given stage it is within any of us reading this post, to build the foundations for future humans, to then build more foundations. the process is never ending,

let me ask you something? 

do you not have the strong urge to be on the cutting edge to revolutionise? 

Edited by Aakash

29 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Joseph Maynor

let me ask you something? 

do you not have the strong urge to be on the cutting edge to revolutionise? 

Do I have a strong urge to revolutionize?  Not now.  All I want to do is live a peaceful, happy life.  I found out a while ago that the intellectual life is not where it's at.  But see, I'm 41 years old.  When I was Leo's age I was just like him.  That's why I can totally empathize with what Leo's going through.  But everybody has to go through that for themselves, see.  It's like Emerald said in one of her videos, you can't force a plant to grow faster by tugging on it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor I see, thats fair enough. it's a question i've been contemplating for 10 years of my life. why do some people want to change the world and why do some people just want to live happy lives. Me, i'm the side of changing the world and i'm not sure why lol. is it because i am visionary or perhaps something else, who knows :/. I just always thought to myself you've only got one life, (this was before non duality obviously) why would you not spend it doing the hardest thing possible (outside of enlightenment which is the hardest thing, the second hardest thing is directing the direction the world is turning) 

So you think its only a stage in life for him? 

you know i wanted to get a tattoo once when i was 15 saying watch me change the world, (when i was naive), the temptation to change things has never left me so far. so how did you let it go? 

6 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@Joseph Maynor I see, thats fair enough. it's a question i've been contemplating for 10 years of my life. why do some people want to change the world and why do some people just want to live happy lives. Me, i'm the side of changing the world and i'm not sure why lol. is it because i am visionary or perhaps something else, who knows :/. I just always thought to myself you've only got one life, (this was before non duality obviously) why would you not spend it doing the hardest thing possible (outside of enlightenment which is the hardest thing, the second hardest thing is directing the direction the world is turning) 

So you think its only a stage in life for him? 

you know i wanted to get a tattoo once when i was 15 saying watch me change the world, (when i was naive), the temptation to change things has never left me so far. so how did you let it go? 

It's all the Ego chasing significance.  When you can be happy with just being, that deficiency need drops away.  But this is something you'll have to find out for yourself.  And not everyone does.  There are plenty of people that spend their whole lives in their heads.  And maybe my way of living life is not your way of living life and that's cool too.  There are many ways to go through this life.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor i agree, but i also think isn't there a sincere and genuine attempt, to try change things that aren't ego related? 

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

@Joseph Maynor i agree, but i also think isn't there a sincere and genuine attempt, to try change things that aren't ego related? 

Look and see if you're happy right now.  That's the test.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

No i'm only slightly happy when i'm goal orientated because of fears of not learning enough information to later make a big enough impact at current, and then feel i'm getting towards my full potential ever so slightly. i can drop that and go back to being, not for extended periods of time. I.e ill look at reality directly and realise what an amazing thing it is, or just realise the nothingness in things and watch videos on animals. During this rest period i exhibit everythings good and what not, but ultimately the world is goal orientated, no matter what way you look at it and so are systems and therefore i feel if i'm not doing anything especially at my age (23) then i'm wasting my life. 

Edited by Aakash

27 minutes ago, Aakash said:

then i'm wasting my life. 

Is simply being wasting your life?  Or is chasing significance wasting your life ironically?  Think about all the time you're stuck in work and in your head rather than just being present.  I think it's good to contemplate this issue of fear of a wasted life.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

i guess its not as wasted life obviously, just basking in the beauty of it all and what not, that hardcore spritual/ turquoise lifestyle. but its not really suitable for a 23 year old, yet 40 and above its ideal, as you well know. So as i aim to conform ever so slightly, to the second hardest thing, changing the world. so being is the first best thing, change is the second best thing. so when i am older i can drop the need to change the world and simply be, thats what its accumulating too. however, i also feel like there's apart of me, that will find something i really enjoy and continue integrating and developing the world forward. 

having said that i can understand your point now, that maybe its just a stage that one needs to pass through on their self -actualisation route, the peak of their potential , self- realisation?