Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ArchangelG

Spiral Dynamics & World War I and II

2 posts in this topic

I want to understand the world wars from a Spiral Dynamics-perspective, and other historical events as well. 

What are your thoughts on these questions? 

What was Europe like before the wars?

What was Europe like in between the wars?

What  the caused the friction between the stages? And which stages were generally involved in the wars? 

How did Europe(cultures) evolve after the war and how does it all connect to Spiral Dynamics? Both on a micro and macro level. For example Society, Business, clothes, food, Etc.

If you have any other thoughts, of other historical events changed society from one stage to another, please share.

Edited by ArchangelG

The world was deeply Stage Blue before the World Wars. 

The USA was furthest ahead being Blue/Orange. 

Europe was pretty much solid Blue with little bits of Orange. Including Nazi Germany. I think of all the European countries the UK probably was furthest ahead being more Orange then the rest of Europe. The UK is where the Industrial Revolution started after all. Russia was solid Blue as well. 

Nazi Germany and the other Facists regimes also had a lot of Stage Red elements too them. Japan was Stage Red/Blue as well. 

After WW2 the USA became the New World Leader and adapoted an imperialistic worldview. It became the economic export juggernaut that it has been for the last few decades. Therefore the USA shifted further up the Orange spectrum. 

Europe had been shot to pieces and had to rebuild. During WW2 a lot of old social constructions had been turned upside down. Which made place for more modern Orange ideas to be integrated in society. Also in the process of rebuilding Europe, the industry and international trade picked up shifting Europe from Blue to Blue/Organge. 

I think that because Europe was the theater for both World Wars the European people have been more willing to develop fast up the Spiral Dynamics model. They experienced first-hand what he consequences would be if they didn't. These days a lot of European countries are skewing Greenish. More so then let's say the USA. 

European countries nowadays are very weary of unhealthy forms of patriotism. Also they have been willing to work together though all kinds of trade agreements, open borders, and politically as well in the European Union. And financially as well with the 'Euro' currency. I think all those developments could be labeled Orange with an obvious Green underlayer. 

Also after WW2 European Imperialism collapsed. A lot of European colonies got their independence. I think holding on to colonies was at that point a Stage Blue thing. But now people got their personal freedom. A stage Orange ideal. 

All in all I think about think WW1 and WW2 was result of unhealthy Stage Blue. With some red thrown in the mix as well.