Actualizer777

Constantly afraid of getting diseases! (Hypochondria)

3 posts in this topic

Hey fellow actualizers!

I have a huge problem for years already. I am constantly afraid of diseases and I feel like I am sick all the time.

It is always the same: I notice some symptoms like headache or chest tightness and I immediately think that it must me cancer, a heart problem or something like that. Then I google symptoms and all of the sudden I notice that I have more and more symptoms of cancer or heart disease. (I am 20 btw.)

After months of anxiety I go to multiple doctors which tell me that I am fine. Then I feel relaxed and the symptoms go away. After some weeks or months I am worrying about stomach ache or something else. And the cycle repeats.

I always have some symptoms but I am never really ill (thank god).

My two questions are:

• How can I deal with this hypochondria?
  • How can I stop being afraid of cancer, heart disease etc. in general? I am afraid because sometimes they come out of nowhere.

You unfortunately clearly are experiencing health related anxiety. A good course of CBT should clear this up brother ❤️

(Or at least drastically reduce it)

Maybe Cholesterol and Saturated Fats will do it. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.