Widdle Puppy

The influence other people have on you?

3 posts in this topic

I feel like I struggle to do personal development work. I am not really able to focus on tasks I write down and also I feel like I don't have any specific goals I'm motivated by to create something amazing. I just have this broad general vision where I want to avoid feeling depressed or negative. I feel like this is further made difficult by the people I'm surrounded by. I'm debating if I should live alone or not. On one hand it is good to have roommates since there are many positive things that come from this but also I feel like their negative mindsets and lifestyles sort of clash with mine. I'm unsure what to do. 

@Widdle Puppy I feel you. It can be really hard, that is, feeling dragged down by society and your peers. At some point you have to face that this path will bring about a lot of loneliness. It's par for the course... You're trying to grow to become your greatest version, and no one else really cares. You have vision, they don't. Think of yourself at the forefront, and that's really rare. 

Having a vision will not make you immune to being alone and depressed, so be careful not to lean on that. Ultimately, you have to create that light within, and a lot of times you have to go through loneliness and depression and come out the other side... I really wish I had great news, or some simple trick to overcome all this. But if it were that easy, then everyone around you would be doing it to! Living alone has its own set of challenges, so I don't necessarily recommend that. I think you need that social interaction more than you realize, regardless of how "low-consciousness" you perceive it to be. Honestly it's how you make it, all relationships are a reflection of yourself. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

9 minutes ago, Bojan said:

Ahahhahaha

Might it be the other way around?

Why don't you go take a look? ;)

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo