Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LaucherJunge

Love Addiction

5 posts in this topic

How to cure it, what do you think?
And it is not really that I don't have any self-love at all, I feel like I am on a decent level, but it is just mentally that I absolutely think Love is my only life goal, my only life purpose, it is everything for me..

@Nahm Well as I said, sometimes it just feels like this is my only drive to live, this love addiction, there is nothing to live for without love.
I also keep attaching from person to person and obsessing with them, even if I don't really know them, because it never was about the person it was just about my high.
I also struggled in my recent relationship to really stay independent from that person, like there was no other focus in my life.
And obviously after the break up I would compulsively try everything to get her back and simply can not let go, even though this experience has grown me immensely and I really found the way to my heart and self love even further, I simply can't seem to let go of this love fantasy that this was the perfect love and there will never be such a great love again..
I feel like this addiction was kinda well hidden or even partly resolved until recently I started being abstinent from orgasm and I think now this love addiction seems to be taking the place of my old addictions and is getting worse.
I am so deeply attached to looking for this perfect love that I really feel like I don't want to live anymore, if it seems to not be going my way at all, because nothing else is worth living.

Edited by LaucherJunge

Just now, LaucherJunge said:

@Nahm Well as I said, sometimes it just feels like this is my only drive to live, this love addiction, there is nothing to live for without love.

Nothing is not a thought about nothing. You’d be pleasantly surprised by nothing. 

I also keep attaching from person to person and obsessing with them, even if I don't really know them, because it never was about the person it was just about my high.

How does the “high” happen from other people? Validation? Sexual gratification? Attention? 

Where does the high happen? 

I also struggled in my recent relationship to really stay independent from that person, like there was no other focus in my life.

Write down, in the simplest and most general terms; what you want in life, and what you don’t want. Then through the don’t want list in the garbage, and look at the want list everyday many times. Inspiration never fails. With your attention, only feed wanted. 

And obviously after the break up I would compulsively try everything to get her back and simply can not let go, even thought this experience has grown me immensely and I really found the way to my heart and self love even further, I simply can't seem to let go of this love fantasy that this was the perfect love and there will never be such a great love again..
I feel like this addiction was kinda well hidden or even partly resolved until recently I started being abstinent from orgasm and I think now this love addiction seems to be taking the place of my old addictions and is getting worse.
I am so deeply attached to looking for this perfect love that I really feel like I don't want to live anymore, if it seems to not be going my way at all, because nothing else is worth living.

Put how you feel first, before what or who you ‘have’. When you’re yourself at at peace, you’re ready, and the perfect one coming into your life is inevidable. Trust the universe. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I think it is mostly the attention which causes my high, since the high even happens an "object" of my desire simply texts me even if it's lets say not a positive answer from them I get the high initially.

Thank you Nahm, that was insanely helpful, I am gonna get going with this list.