Space Coyote

Good resources for exploring the link between sexuality and spirituality.

1 post in this topic

Short version: As the title says I’m curious what are the best resources you guys have regarding sex and spirituality.

Long version (aka why I’m curious): So, once upon in a time in ill-gotten (torrented) cache of sexuality books I stumbled along a book called Transcendent Sex: When Lovemaking Opens the Veil by Jenny Wade. I’ll let some quote summarize the relevant points:

The fact is, sex—all by itself—can trigger states identical to those attained by spiritual adepts of all traditions: the animal possession and otherworldly travels of shamans, the bodily fireworks of kundalini yoga, the past-life revelations of reincarnation religions, the Void of Buddhism, and the unio mystica described by Western saints. These are real spiritual experiences, the kind that change people's lives (but not the kind that make people take up celibacy or otherwise forgo the delights of the flesh).

Sex really can kill you, if by “you” is meant the ordinary you, the everyday you, the skin-encapsulated ego of your everyday persona. It's not just that sex can be “mind-blowing”; it's that sex can show you the face of God, the smile of the Goddess, the radiance of Spirit—and more unnerving still, not as a force or presence out there, but as your own deepest self and nature.

I read a bit and thought at the time this was just new age nonsense…..

Fast forward to late December 2018

….I …was…. wrong!

Regular fuckery cum mind-fuckery (followed by cumming)…… that is a trip.

Even Longer version: But wait there’s more! It hard to describe the experience, like feeling nothing yet everything a fleetly but absolutely pure oneness but I can more easily give an example of its impact. Five years ago, I had a tiny little sex blog mostly doing sex toys reviews and long story short: I loved it but then…. mistakes were made….and I vowed never to go near the world of sexuality blogging/"sex positivity " ever again. I couldn’t help lurk the sexuality section of forums like this but I vowed never to post anything for example. Till this experience and suddenly five years of self-imposed shackles have fallen off…I registered a domain name for what will hopefully become sex blog v2 last week.

Lastly, want to know the scary thing? I’m not even sure I’d call my experience “opening the veil”, it was more like seeing a part of the veil at distance through a cloudy telescope on a dark night and yet that was enough, to leave me in awe, to change me.

So, like I said anybody have some good resource to help me understand just what the hell I’ve gotten myself intoxD?