Aquarius

Workout and diet log + posture correction

37 posts in this topic

It's a shame that I got so much intuitive knowledge about my body, but then I'm not doing anything fruitful with it . I thought workout would be a very good option to get my energy levels handled. I naturally do up to 3-5 hours of cardio per day (either active meditation practice/visualization practice oe  just dance to shake off the stress), but I feel the need for something extra. 

I have certain posture imbalances too that need to get handled. 

Comments are welcome! :) 

[I'll leave this here to copy-paste for future posts. If you find it helpful, feel free to use it!]

[workout]

What the workout was about: 

Type of exercises:

Satisfaction level: 

Music:

[meal]

Food:

Drink:

[weight]

Weight: 

Edited by Aquarius
added idea about measuring weight

What the workout was about: I analyzed my body and found out which muscles are weak and was working on those areas to strengthen them. Was also working on flexibility and posture correction. My belly is kinda fat and looks awkward and made sure to take some care of that too. 

Type of exercises: Weight lifting, stretching, cardio, abs. Specific exercises for neck, spine, belly and inner thighs.

Satisfaction level: I would say this experience was an 8. Mainly because some songs irritated me, and I had to interrupt the exercise pretty often to go and drink a ton of water haha. And then a family member came home from grocery shopping and I had to explain what I'm doing with my life.

Music: The duration of the workout will always depend on the duration of the mix I am listening to. This time it took 40 minutes of intense workout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiECEao2VKI

Food: 1 sausage, 2 chicken frankfurters, cheese, cherry tomatoes

Drink: water

Edited by Aquarius

Food: vegetable soup, pasta

I didn't cook/grocery shop today, was too busy with my art. I have a hard time getting my needs heard and respected by others around me (I cannot eat wheat for example). I'm in physical pain and crying so hard right now, I have things to do today!

Edit: Oh well, I guess I'll just bounce around like a large ball lmao.

Drink: water

Edited by Aquarius

5 hours ago, Aquarius said:

I have certain posture imbalances too that need to get handled. 

Comments are welcome! :) 

I've had a tendency to have posture like Festus on Gunsmoke. Getting a chiropractor to twist my legs where my toes weren't pointing out shifted my pelvic girdle and allowed my belly/core to tighten up and helped me stand straighter. My body wants to always fall back into its old posture so I always have to return back to making this adjustment.

I still make horrible choices for food but I've cut down on portions to manage my weight as I get older.

Good luck with your new aims! You got some high octane workout music,,,,

It goes well with my morning coffee/laxative/paint remover.

IMG_0308.JPG

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot I have a nerdneck. :D 

You don't have to cut down on portions, just eat the right food. Now that's tricky because you're a mature man soo you have different needs than young woman in her twenties that works out day and night haha. I definitely recommend nutritionist and maybe talking with a gym coach or yoga teacher or picking up a sport. :) 

Octane af aye. 

I recommend you watch this, the guy is very funny. He is a chiropractor btw. :) 

I'm using this exercise for my neck:

Edited by Aquarius

Food: 4 pieces of chicken frankfurters, 2 large portions of tomato+radish salad with olive oil

Edited by Aquarius

What the workout was about: At first I aimed for weight loss, because when I woke up I was extremely skinny, and thus I felt motivated. But then I ended up restoring my body's energy levels because I woke up to being very depressed today and had poor sleep quality. 

I started off by doing some jumping jacks and fast-paced aerobic, but I got carried away in thoughts, I needed focus. I thought maybe correcting spine would bring back focus. Then when I realized that I'm extremely unbalanced energetically, I needed something more extreme, so I started punching the walls (DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME, KIDS!), which requires a lot of concentration or coordination, because you can basically break your hands if you're not energetically tuned into it, so yes, that was fair enough to bring me back to flow state because I was "forced" to concentrate.

Type of exercises: Aerobic/freestyle dance, spine correction stretches, wall-punch/tai-chi.

Satisfaction level: I will give this experience a strong, well deserved 3. Not to say it was bad, but I had many external factors contributing to my inner turmoil. Seems like I have to start a careful plan for my workouts, because as it seems, freestyle won't always work. I was slow, unfocused, confused. 

Music: I started off with some neurofunk for aerobic, but I didn't quite "vibe" with it at the moment because I usually use it for meditation. Done the exercises for about 10 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEBysA5tY88

Then some random freestyle workout, stretches and jumping jacks on some aggressive metal music, but I felt this too was sucking down my psychical energy levels, which were very low upon waking, so I listened for ~30 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJdPxexOntY

Then switched to progressive psytrance which was enjoyable at the moment. (10 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9Rr8ZShYFI

Total workout duration of about 1 hour. :) 

***Note to self: CAREFUL PLANNING IS NEEDED IN WHAT REGARDS BOTH THE MUSIC AND THE TYPE OF EXERCISES. FACT THAT REQUIRES FURTHER RESEARCH!

Edited by Aquarius
corrected grammar

Food: 1 chicken frankfurter, 1 sausage, 3 slices of salami, 1 slice of cheese, 2 fried eggs, 1 orange

Drink: water (gotta upgrade my supplies soon.. xD)

Edited by Aquarius

Food: vegetable soup, mashed potatoes, and a hamburger (the things I do for love...)

Drink: orange juice (upgrade unlocked ;)

Edited by Aquarius

Food: mashed potatoes, chicken sausage (is this what it's called???), salami, oranges, tomatoes 

What the workout was about: General workout, nothing special this time. I jotted down a list of what I wanted to do, and I think it kinda ruined the whole workout experience for me instead of helping. What a shame. I will have to take a mental note of what I want to do instead. 

Type of exercises: stretching, jumping jacks, whole body muscles building, some spine correction.

Satisfaction level: I will give this session a weak 5. Mainly because I wished to do more than half an hour of exercise. I seriously should consider going to the gym in the future, but I don't feel like it momentarily. 

Music: Worked out for 35 minutes to this gem right here. It's honestly perfect for workout. Too bad it has so many ads hm.. It's disturbing my flow lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlCbmuZY7lQ 

***Notes to self:

• open window to get fresh air before the workout
  • buy a large water container
  • find psytrance YouTube channel that doesn't have ads

COMMENTS ARE WELCOME!!! :) 

Edited by Aquarius
oops caps lock

Food: salami, cheese, fried eggs

Drink: milk

Weight: 82.3kg

[Break day. Sunday, 10th of February 2019]

Today is a break day for me! Every bone and muscle in my body is hurting! Ouchy!

I think I'll spend the rest of the day meditating and making art. :) 

My muscles are building very nicely. The muscles in my neck/back are forming according to the plan, I'm seriously glad. It's all pure pain and it's amazing! Sigh, what a life. I just have to take care of my posture and sleeping position. 

Edited by Aquarius

Lunch: vegetable soup, mashed potatoes, snitzel

Snack: lettuce, tomatoes, apples

Dinner: snitzel, lettuce, tomatoes

It's getting awkward to write water all the time so I won't note the drink anymore lol. It's water always btw.

[workout]

What the workout was about: I'm glad I finally could workout, this Sunday was a torture without it. I guess it's the habit, in my culture I mean, that Sundays are supposed to be lazy and "do-nothing"-ish. That moment when indoctrination is stronger than your mind...

This time I simply wanted to center myself. I felt very empty and I needed this. Am I even human?

The fat on my neck doesn't let me correct my posture, soooo I need to take care of that. 

Slow, steady movements, muscle building, tons of water again.

Type of exercises: stretching, abs, neck, general workout

Satisfaction level: A nice this time. :) I mean I feel like nothingness incarnated, but hey, at least I got some energy moving! I guess it all boils down to thoughts.

Music: Listened to a subliminal track for fast metabolism on repeat for about 1 hour.