Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gog

Numbers

4 posts in this topic

It is a myth that the Ancient Hellenes didn't have a concept of zero, they had what the English historians call the void.

However it is true that zero was not considered a number.

What is less well known is that one was not considered a number either.

Even birds know how many eggs they have.

Counting exists in all living things.

Nobody should be afraid to explore structures of counting.

Counting involves any number bigger than one for example.

Thank you.

Edited by Gog

Mate...the more I meditate and let go of "trying" (is how I'd describe it) all of these concepts and stuff are starting to merge. Like everything is just floating in empty space and it was only ever MORE floating concepts that creates the illusion of stability within reality. I really like the sounds of where it's going though. 

Naturally :) I want to talk a bit about cults. I don't know whether Plato charged to enter his academy, or whether the Egyptians charged Pythagoras, or what, but I do know that maths was originally for kept secret for initiates only, just as the Santeros keep their secrets as does the Vatican. I too love the music, the film not so much, but cinema, yes. I had to pay a small amount to be initiated by a Babaleyo into some beginner's drum patterns and I wasn't insulted, in fact I was invited to. I've heard that many Babaleyos charge extortionate amounts to those that seek knowledge, but families are willing to pay, I've talked about banking already, no interest, no arguments. It is not only Babaleyos, the clergy pass round a collection plate, very few are allowed into the inner circle, but I digress. So what should I do? Form a cult? Charge a pittance? Or give to charity as is demanded. I am not Leo, where he got that word from I don't know, but I will tell you something as a gift. What you refer to as "trying" is often referred to as the Successor Function of the Peano Axioms. I won't give you the dates just yet, I know you love the sounds, the people, the cuisine. The numbers aren't mine to give anyway, being as I am a singular man, do you're own research if you like. Regards. Gog.

Homework question: Write an essay on the difference between Roman numerals and the Peano Axioms.