Enizeo

Propaganda through mainstream media

2 posts in this topic

So today my dad send me an online article of one of the biggest German newspapers (Bild). The exact content is not really important here, but basically they claimed that a study had found harmful effects of cannabis. The study that they linked however found pretty much the exact opposite of what they were promoting in their article.

They just made facts up to use for propaganda.

Even though this is not a new issue, it is very dangerous. Millions of people read that shit every day. They are being mass manipulated. This is not the first time this has happened and it's not the only media channel that does it. I'm sure this is happening in other countries.

I want to raise awareness about this. There is no law in Germany that prohibits spreading of fake news, so I'm not to sure at the moment what I'm going to do about it. Any Ideas?

Virtually all mainstream news is propaganda; it's how they make their money. I remember a story on the local news maybe about 10 years a go, how license fees for herbal remedy stores had basically destroyed independent retailers, £30,000 is nothing to  large chain UK retailers like Boots or Holland & Barret.