Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IVONNE

Is taking a gap year waisting my time at 25?

11 posts in this topic

Good afternoon,

currently i am on an Access to HE course studying social sciences. I have completed my UCAS with my PHD tutor and  told her that since I want to pay the tuition fees on my own, I will take a gap year to save up and forget about applying, however, she insisted and pushed me to still fill it and save the courses I've applied for the year 2020. And im so glad I did because i'd regret it! she said that way, i'll have peace of mind knowing that mine is already filled. Shes definitely right. in conclusion, I know that I want to get my degree before or by 30 max because degrees take 3 to 4 years with masters in which I also want to.

As I have decided to save up for my tuitions fees,  does it mean that I am wasting my time?

Many thanks!

@IVONNE i was not pointing to a typo, but i guess you did mean to write "waste". you said you're concerned about wasting 1 year. what do you mean when you say "waste"?

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

@ajasatya waste as in, I am going to have work hard  and perhaps keep myself busy by having hobbies on the side to keep me going.

@IVONNE can't you see any form of growth other than intellectual/academic? life has many facets...

unborn Truth

@ajasatya I know, and your right on that, but when there are guests around home that asks me what im upto and do and imagine me saying that I took a gap year although I really wanted to start my degree because most students would apply for finances and don't wait for anything,, they would be thinking "what was I doing all this time"

I realised that no matter how far I've come, they don't see it and plus no one really cares, so why they even asking?.

its time for me to not worry about anyone. I am enough alone. plus I came this far without them with my family.

7 minutes ago, IVONNE said:

when there are guests around home that asks me what im upto and do and imagine me saying that I took a gap year although I really wanted to start my degree because most students would apply for finances and don't wait for anything,, they would be thinking "what was I doing all this time"

I realised that no matter how far I've come, they don't see it and plus no one really cares, so why they even asking?.

its time for me to not worry about anyone. I am enough alone. plus I came this far without them with my family.

aaaaah, now we're talking. do you have a plan to overcome this feeling of depending on the approval of others?

unborn Truth

@IVONNE@ajasatya No I have no plans on getting rid of these bugging feelings.....any help would help

:)

Edited by IVONNE

12 minutes ago, IVONNE said:

No I have no plans on getting rid of these bugging feelings.....any help would help

i'll give you an idea for you to think about... why don't you use this 1 year of gap to get rid of such petty feelings? it's not an easy task and it demands a lot of attention, time and patience.

it's something that very few people have the courage to do and it will be useful for the rest of your life. it's certainly something worth striving for.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

@ajasatya Aw, very thoughtful and intelligent way of thinking 

definitely, ill use that time to clean all petty feelings to the point they become as small as an ant!

Many thanks!