Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
guisot

The problem with music in relation to spirituality

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I always have been listening a lot of music. Like everyone, I was totally addicted to it. I see people on Twitter saying "I can't live without music", I see people on transport with their headset everyday, I see them cutting themselves from the world. No that I stopped (not totally, unfortunately, but I try) I see that there is a big difference between when I listen music and when I don't.

I feel that there is something very wrong with music and I think that kills spirituality and consciousness, that's why I hope you make a video about it

Thanks

2 hours ago, guisot said:

I feel that there is something very wrong with music and I think that kills spirituality and consciousness, that's why I hope you make a video about it

1.You cant kill consciousness.

2.Wrong is a moral value and concept.

3.If youre addicted to music then listen to it less.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Anything in excess is bad, especially if you're becoming dependent.

However, I've had great results meditating with music. Sometimes even pop music works, because I need to let go of my negativity and critical nature to do the exercise.

If you listen to classical music, ambient, lo-fi, slam poetry or others it can be therapeutic. If you listen to rap and pop it is like watching TV and eating junk food. Pick your rut carefully, because you'll be in it for a long time.

Btw, if you can't stop even though you want to, you are dealing with an addiction. Maybe it is mild, but such seemingly benign addictions are not so benign. This video helped me a lot.

I literally did nothing for 3 hr one day and it solved a lot of my neuroses.