LiWay

From a Boy to a King - The Hero's Journey

26 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on this forum although I have seen a few actualized videos on youtube and I really appreciate the message.

I am here to introduce myself, to document my journey of self-improvement, and to engage in a community of like-minded people. 

I am not going to get into my whole life story here but I do want to provide enough details to make my story imaginable.

My name is Liam.  I'm a 21 year old biracial young man, average height, average build/slightly muscular.  I am currently in school for nursing and I am going to graduate at the end of this year.  My mission is to be a positive light for others, become an expert at what I do, and to one day know what it feels like to experience true freedom in all aspects.  I have had a lot of struggles when it comes to grieving the loss of friends and family, dating/relationships, anxiety and depression, substance abuse, and a dysfunctional household. 

Now is not the time to dive into descriptions but what I will tell you is that I feel that I have not been living up to my full potential.  I have wasted lots of time, made excuses, and carried myself with a poor attitude more times than I care to count in my life. 

I've been doing a ton of reading self-help books, audiobooks, motivational speeches, spiritual awareness, and various arts and disciplines.  I still have a long way to go and as I'm about to graduate college with a promising career in December 2019, I am planning to hit the ground running.  My next semester starts next week. 

My goals are to succeed academically, lose fat/build muscle, make new friends/date girls, train brazillian jiu-jitsu, expand upon my current level of self-awareness, yoga, meditation, explore music, work, make money, start a business, etc.  I am currently a nursing assistant which I work per-diem on weekends. 

I have a lot of things on my mind but the overarching goal is to earn my Bachelor's Degree of Science in Nursing.  This I believe, is what will pave the way for my freedom, independence, and purpose in life. 

It's late now, about 1am, and I will save more writing for another day.  However I am happy to be a part of this community, to hold myself accountable, and to transcend the older self who I was in 2018.

I am capable of so much.  Now it is only a matter of realizing that potential.  I invite you to join me as I embark on my journey, and I will be there for you as well.

- Liam

Welcome! 

You'll find we're quite a varied bunch.

Good luck with your endeavors!

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I woke up this morning feeling decent, about 9am.  I used to wake up and start my day on a negative note when rising by cursing or just going back to sleep.  Something new that I want to try is to say thank you to the universe immediately and express gratitude.

I've been working at a nursing home for the last month while I'm on winter break from school.  The hours have been tough, and the grind has been real.  I'm going in today from 2-10pm, and two more days after that before I go back to school.  There's nothing easy about the nature of work I do as it is taxing physically, mentally, and emotionally.  Not just anybody could work as an aide.  The sad part is that I do things for residents that their own family isn't even willing to do.

I digress.  I'm going to walk away from this winter break with a bit of extra money, increased self-awareness, and a mission.  To get my Bachelor's degree.  I'm going to bust my ass in school, in the gym, etc., but I still will find time to have a social life.  One of my goals is to join a new social circle, practice going out to clubs and bars, dancing, travel, just enjoying life while I finish college. 

I have a lot of thoughts which I need to organize however I am just happy to have finally started an online journal to hold myself accountable and to connect with others. 

I'm happy about my potential.  I'm trying my best to stay present.  And I am on a relentless quest to seek liberation in this life, because for all we know, it is all we have.

Cheers, and good day to all.

Today I am feeling pretty good about myself.  I am waking up the last few days with gratitude, saying thank you to the universe for another day.  I stretch and meditate and it really helps me balance out in the morning.  I did some lifting and I had a smoothie with fruits and vegetables, no sugar added.  I am starting to like the idea of blending my food instead of eating solid food.  I am getting in shape and what is more important now than taste, is nutrition. 

I have a lot of goals and things that I want to accomplish.  An issue that I've had for a little while is that I have trouble expressing myself verbally.  I feel that my vocabulary is limited in conversation and I find myself swearing or using slang for no real reason.  I believe that by writing this journal I will be able to exercise my creative powers and increase my communication skills, at least in the written form.

I am going to be a nurse, this is true.  I love caring for and helping others.  But one day I want to be financially free, and I am going to be self-employed/business owner/investor.  I would love to be a motivational public speaker.  I would love to be a strong presence on social media.  Once I have myself established and I've acquired the things that I need and want in life, I want to find creative ways to give back to others.

I'm headed into work now.  Staying focused, sticking to the plan.  School starts next week.  Things will change. 

Change is good.

They say,

"Jack of all trades, master of none".

Well if that's true, I'll be damned because there are a lot of things that I want to accomplish in this life of mine.  There's so many places that I want to go and things that I want to see that sometimes it feels like you don't have the time.  But the truth is that everyone has the time.  And life is all about the choices that you make.  We all have 24 hours in a day, no?  You could have all the money in the world but time stops for no man.  So I think it's about time that we start treating our time as more valuable than money.   This is a mindset shift and an abstract concept for some.  But there are a lot of things that you need to grasp if you wish to be a conscientious human being.  As I continue on my path of increased self awareness, lessons fill my brain daily.  You ever heard of the 80/20 rule?  80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes.  Another way to look at it is that you can acquire so much information but only so much will stick. 

I want to be so many things.  I want to be an advanced practice registered nurse, perhaps even a doctor of nursing practice someday.  First and foremost, this is my career choice.  However I have a lot of interests and hobbies.  So while I will dedicate my life to nursing, I want to be a bodybuilder, powerlifter, marathoner, singer, dancer, rapper, actor, writer, author, poet, yogi, spiritual teacher, soldier, martial arts practictioner, etc.  There's a lot of things that I didn't mention.

Obviously it would be a far cry for me to become an expert at each and every one of these disciplines but it's an interesting dream isn't it?

The question now, is how?  How can you go from novice to expert in any given field? 

And the answer is practice, and experience. 

Only time will tell where I end up and I have come to the conclusion that although we should be aware of the past and future, the best solution is to take life one day at a time. 

As I write this, I am riding on an Amtrak train.  I am heading back to school with lots of luggage.  Ready for a new semester of opportunities, challenges, and good times.  I am taking 17 credits, with challenging upper level science courses.  Nursing school is no joke.  I am also pursuing a minor in biology because I want to expand my horizons.  It's gonna be a grind but I really wanted to challenge myself this time. 

I have a lot on my plate between my coursework, my fitness, my social life, and my personal life, but I will find a way to get it done, and enjoy life in the process. 

#2019goals

Hi everyone,

I took a few days off of the journal because I've been busy.  Ever since I got to school this past weekend, I've had a lot going on and I'm quite happy about it.  I'm socializing, exercising, going to class, having fun.  It's syllabus week so the workload is light.  I'm having a great time seeing familiar faces and also meeting new ones.  Like I said, there's a lot on my plate but I am going to take it one day at a time.

Things I have been working on;

Being present (Listening to the power of now and when I'm with people, feeling that there's no place I'd rather be)

Planning my day, setting goals, and celebrating small victories (Writing a daily checklist and crossing off tasks as they are completed, setting a calendar)

Carrying a positive mental attitude (Acknowledging the negative thoughts that enter my mind but re-framing my interpretation of events as they occur)

Eat right (Fasting, fruits, vegetables, mostly plant based, counting calories/macros)

Exercise (Lifting, running, brazillian jiu-jitsu, basketball)

I have a lot in the works.  I have a long list of priorities and I am going to bang each goal out one by one.  I am trying my best to not live in the past or the future but rather the present moment.  I am really enjoying myself right now, I am happy, and I wish to spread it others.

Carpe Diem - Sieze the day

Win the day, however you want to say it.

The important part comes with realizing that you cannot change the past, and the future will come soon enough, so why not just enjoy the present moment?

I am so happy lately but I can't explain why.

Maybe because I care less what people think about me.  Maybe it's because I have come to the realization that things will happen outside of my control and that they cannot affect my internal state.  Maybe it's because I realized that your relationship with yourself is the most important one that you should work on and not take the things that other people do personally.

Whatever the case may be, I am feeling confident.  My confidence does not come from having a nice car, having money, having girls, accolades, social status, etc.  My confidence right now stems from the basic truth that I have been through a lot in life and I will continue to handle any situation I face to the best of my ability.

Maybe I'm just growing up.

I'm having a lot of fun, living in the present, socializing, eating well, exercising, enjoying music, etc.  Every day I wake up and feel gratitude.  I do my stretching, meditation, drink my tea, I got some matcha powder yesterday and I enjoy it much more than regular tea bags. 

I have a lot of school work to look forward to but right now I'm taking everything one step at a time.  My current mission is to increase my vibration and spread this positivity to others, and to continue to feed the fire inside of me that will take me to a higher level of achievement. 

In this year 2019, I am on the cusp of greatness.  Everything I have done in my life up to this point, whether positive or negative, was preparation for whatever I will face in life.  I am the master of my fate, the captain of my destiny.

As long as I'm still breathing, I'm still winning, I'll teach em'

-Nas

"Be like water"

-Bruce Lee

Lately I have been trying to be more flexible in life.  This comes down to my sleep, my diet, my socializing, etc.  I used to be rigid and I believed that you should wake up, go to sleep, eat, and exercise at the same time every day.  What I have learned so far is that life is more fun when you are spontaneous.  Every day is different and depending on the context you have to make adjustments.  I have accepted the fact that I am going to have late nights, early nights, long days, rest days, etc.  I am trying to go with the flow and be more present with whatever I do.

I am also learning how important relationships are.  I love myself, I love my friends, and I love my family.  I am open to meeting new people.  They say the best things in life are free.  Sometimes all it takes is an interesting discussion to make your day.

I have a lot on my plate as always but I am confident that I will put the appropriate amount of time into my health, my studies, my happiness, and all the extracurricular goodness that I seek to improve at.

Every day I wake up, and I say thank you.  As long as I'm still breathing, life is good.  We all have things to be grateful for.  I am happy to be here and I am going to do my best.  I am making a transition in life from a self-centered human to a man of abundance who learns to give and lead others.  The true happiness in life comes from your character, the time you spend with people, and your mind state.  I believe that it is possible to find heaven on earth, even if it is fleeting. 

I write this message to all the people, no matter what you are going through.  It is still possible to be happy.  If are anxious, depressed, overweight, start today by accepting your problems.  There will always be certain things that you can and can't change.  However, if you have the power to make a difference, stop resisting!  Embrace the pain.  The fire and the flames!  The trials and the tribulations!  This is what makes you stronger.  It's all about the story you tell yourself.

You are a winner!  You are victorious!  You are a survivor!  You are resilient!

I believe that all humans are capable of greatness.  The sad part is that not everyone learns to tap into it.  The good news is that those who have reached the pinnacle of success usually light the way for others to follow in their footsteps.

Do your best, starting today!

Make a plan, starting today!

Love yourself, starting today!

DO IT NOW!!!

I'm just a young man with the world in his hands.

With a plan to make a difference, wondering if I can.

Back when I was just a boy, and I didn't know a thing.

All I cared about was playing and I never stopped to think.

Can I be a leader?   How can I change the world?  Will they remember me?  What is my purpose?

I'm older now, and it's come full circle.  It's time to take a stand and push my whole mission further.

So I sit here and I think, why do people feel worthless?  Maybe it's because they haven't found their true purpose.

I'll tell you what I know for sure.  We don't have to make this whole "Purpose" thing so complicated.  Aside from what you do for a living, your family, your goals, accolades, personal belongings, we all have a very basic purpose.

And that is to give and receive love.  To express gratitude.  To be present and enjoy spending time with others.  To treat your mind and body with love and respect.  To carry a positive mental attitude.  To be open-minded to new ideas.The list goes on and on.  The point that I'm trying to make is that if you don't know what you want to do yet with your life, that's okay.  What is not okay is to live your life with a lack of integrity.  People make their choices in life and everybody has their reasons, and I understand that.  I am not attempting to change anyone.  However, YOU have to live with the decisions that you make, good or bad.  Life is short, and one day you might look back and have regrets. 

The way that I see it though, is that if you take each day one step at a time, and you make the most out of all your opportunities, what is there to regret?

"To never try is the ultimate fail"

- J. Cole

I'm on my mission, and throughout my adventures I will transform.  I will always stay true.  I will take my blood, sweat, and tears, and treat them as precious liquid.  I'm not mad at other people anymore.  It has nothing to do with me.  I can only worry about what I do. 

As I sit back and think, "What is my purpose?"...

I smile and nod because I realize that I have already found it.

To be here now.

Hello everyone, I'm happy to be here.

Aren't we blessed to live another day on this earth?

It is amazing how people can be so ungrateful for all of the good fortune in their lives.  I used to be like that, and I still can be at times.  However, it is important to be mindful that no matter what you are going through, there are still ways to find some relief.  Not everybody can walk.  Not everybody has a family.  Not everybody has the same opportunities that perhaps you have been given in life.  Always try to be grateful for what you have.

My new mindset is that I am becoming less judgemental of people.  When you see someone out on the street, in school, the store, you are only getting a glimpse of their life.  A tiny sliver.  You don't know what anybody goes through or has been through.  So try to just respect them as a human being.  This does not mean you have to be excessively nice or cautious when you deal with people, just mindful.

I have a lot going on.  The semester is getting started and I am staying on top of my coursework, my health, and my social life.  This is going to be a challenge but I know that I can handle it.  If you truly want to be great, you cannot be afraid of the outcome.  You must try your best no matter what.  I'm happy, I'm having a lot of fun dealing with people, and I'm focused on my mission.  There is enough time to do everything you need to do in a day, you just need to know how to manage it.  Sometimes, this might mean late nights or early mornings, skipped meals, cancelled plans.  Whatever the case may be, you must always do what is best for you, because nobody else is responsible for your happiness and your circumstances, but you.

I love myself, I'm doing good for myself, and I'm getting better.  I'm happy, I feel confident, and I am ready to take on whatever the world sends my way.  As long as I'm still alive, I will fight.  I will fight for my happiness, and I will fight for myself every single day.  This body of ours does a lot, don't get me wrong, but this is a mental game.  This is a test of will. 

There is a higher level that we must tap into.  All the greatness that you have yet to achieve is already inside you, whether or not you know it.  Sadly, not all people realize their true potential.  However, knowing what I know now...

I'll be damned if I don't live my life to the fullest.

I have a lot going on in my life right now but I am happy and I am grateful.  I am going to do the best I can to always be mindful and present.  To live in harmony with my fellow human beings.  To live a life of integrity.  To build a strong character.

I have so many things that I want to accomplish that you can't help but wonder how is it all going to happen?  Things will fall into place with time I'm sure.

This weekend will be busy between work, studying, the Super Bowl, and spending time with friends.  We are going to make the most of it though.  Today's journal entry will be short because I am pressed for time but I just wanted to send a little peace, love, and positivity out into the atmosphere. 

In conclusion for today's lesson.

Always do right by yourself, set goals, and make a plan of action.  Be who you want to be before the results actually happen.  You will find that much of life is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Bless up.

Oh man, life is good.

We all have hard times and daily struggles.  Sometimes we don't eat right, we don't sleep well, we don't take enough time for ourselves because all we can focus on is everything that we need to do.

But you  know what keeps me going?

It's the music.  The feelings.  The friends.  The family.  The pain.  The challenges.  I wouldn't trade the adversity I have faced and will continue to endure for anything.  It's not supposed to be easy!  Why do people look at hard times as a bad thing?  You should treat this as fertile soil to grow strong roots.  You will be amazing.  You will emerge victorious.  You are a winner.  Stop counting yourself out.  We are all capable of achieving tremendous things. 

I'm a little tired right now.  I'm coming off a night shift 7p-7am at the hospital and I only got about 4 hours of sleep.  I don't usually pull all-nighters but in this moment that is what is required of me.  There's going to be a lot of things that I must deal with that are not the most pleasant, but I chose this.  I am a nurse.  I will continue to give of myself for the rest of my life so that other people can live better. 

Because you see, the true joy in life does not come from living only for yourself.  It is only once you believe that you have a higher purpose and you dedicate yourself that you can begin to feel truly fulfilled.

At the end of the day, all we have is the moments.  You either live in the present, or you hold on to your fondest memories for dear life.  Nobody really knows what the future holds.  We make all sorts of assumptions and predictions however, we are frequently proved wrong. 

My new attitude is accepting the fact that we as human beings know a whole lot, but at the same time, we really don't know anything. 

Enjoy your life, live it to the fullest.  You have a responsibility to yourself and those around you to be the best you can be.  What's stopping you?

Be humble.

"My intuition is telling me there will be better days."

I have so much love for myself and faith that everything will work out.  Of course, we all have our days where we feel stressed out and tired and that's okay.  What matters is the overall trend and being consistent.  Sometimes I become so overwhelmed by joy and hope that I don't know what to do with myself. 

Lately I've been dreaming.

What is my purpose?  What can I do to make my life meaningful?  How can I make the most out of my life on Earth?

There's a lot of things I want to do in my life, aside from the professional aspect of nursing.  I want to explore my own creativity, excel in fitness, build harmonious relationships, etc.  I am going to take care of these things naturally.

However the main concern is what is my calling in regards to nursing specifically.  I used to think that maybe I should be a cardiac nurse.  A travel nurse.  Emergency nurse.  Whatever the case may be.

I have come to conclusions during nursing school and although I understand the importance of chronic health care and pharmaceuticals, it is really not my main interest.  I have decided that my calling is in Acute Care while I am young, to take care of those desperately in immediate need.  However as I get older and I have built my clinical skills, my knowledge base, and my professionalism, I want to take things a completely different direction.

I think that the big goal to shoot for is to get my DNP (Doctor of Nursing Practice).  It really doesn't get much better than that.  That's when you are an expert and a master at what you do. 

However learning where to specialize is a big decision. 

I believe that my calling is in public/community health, and holistic/alternative medicine.  Only time will tell.

I'm going to do what I have to do and I am just so happy that I have the opportunity and the drive within to be planning my future so far ahead.

I am happy and I wish that everyone could live in harmony.  I wish that everyone found their own outlets.  I wish that people didn't turn to drugs/alcohol/sex/gambling/etc.  This is the world we live in.  It is what it is. 

However, I'm going to do the best that I can to make a difference in any way possible.

I accept this responsibility fully.  This is my mission.

I will succeed.

Gratitude has been doing wonders for my mental state.  Life feels so worth living when you are grateful for everything you have.  Learn to appreciate the small things.

When I wake up, and when I go to sleep, I lay there and speak to the powers that be and I say,  "Thank you for letting me live another day on this earth."  I don't know if there is such thing as God or other Spiritual Forces at work, but I think that having an open mind is a healthy approach.  I have never been atheist but rather agnostic because I believe that there's really no way of knowing.  What I do know is that people do inexplicable things every day.  Sometimes we just can't explain what happens on Earth. 

So whether or not there is a higher power above somewhere, I believe that it is helpful to have faith in something bigger than yourself.  If you view your life as unimportant, or that you are only a human organism, you may be missing out.  I think it is important to believe that we are spiritual beings that are here for a higher purpose and that we can all become self-actualized through our life's work, relationships, and creative efforts.

Nobody ever said life was going to be easy.   However, I wouldn't say that I've had a hard life, despite everything I've been through.  It's just different.  We don't have to feel sorry for ourselves anymore.  Whatever happens, we will handle it.  You've already made it this far and you can go much further.

I'm happy, I'm learning how to overcome the negative thoughts, I'm using my mind power, I'm building harmonious relationships, and I have love for myself which projects itself outwards.  We are supposed to be confident.  We are supposed to be social.  This is the natural state of human beings.  We don't have to live in fear anymore.  We can do anything we set our mind to (with limits of course).

Look at those people who started from the bottom and are billionaires.  Who grew up in the projects and are now international celebrities?  Who overcame all odds as a child and became an influential adult.  What's stopping you?  Are you really willing to say that your life is harder than someone who slept with roaches?  Went hungry for days at a time?  Surrounded by drugs and violence?

Why don't you realize your potential?  I know I will.  There's no excuse not to.

BE EXTRAORDINARY!!!

Life is amazing, it is what it should be.

Every day I wake up and I set my goals and I bang them out one step at a time.  I'm staying busy, staying social, staying active.  I have a lot of things that I want to accomplish and I'm absolutely going to.  Everything in life is a skill that can be learned.  I used to believe that I was born a certain way or that my behaviors were fixed.  We have the potential to change.  I'm going to do everything in my power to become an influential man.  A strong man, a leader, a positive role model for others.  For all we know, there's only one life on Earth, and I'll be damned if I don't make the most of it.

I'm going to do whatever it takes, even if it's late nights, early mornings, sacrifices, pain, sweat, suffering.  I don't care anymore.  I need the struggle to grow.  When you see what's on the other side of fear, you won't have any regrets.  I believe that the world can either be heaven or hell.  It depends where your mind is at.  All I know is this;

Keep a positive mental attitude.  Set goals and achieve them.  Build harmonious relationships.  Keep your mind, body, and spirit healthy.  Find fulfilling work.  Avoid drug and alcohol addiction. 

These are simple things, really not asking for much. 

You just have to build these habits until they become part of your personality. 

I got a lot going for me and I feel like my stock is rising. 

Somebody call Khaled and tell him my price went up.

We taking no prisoners out here.  I'mma ride for my respect.  I'mma get what I'm worth.  Life is too short.  Life is TOO damn short.

What are you going to do with your life?

Make a plan, and TAKE ACTION.

You can still be who you want to be.

If you truly want to be great, don't listen to ANYBODY!

Do what YOU think is right!!!

My life is a constant work in progress.  It does not matter who you are, nobody is perfect.  You should always strive to be the best at what you do.  I used to have a fixed mindset, but after reading Mindset by Carol Dweck, I started to recognize my attitudes and behaviors and I am beginning to live life with a growth mindset. 

Now I believe that everyone has the potential to practice skills and improve.  Sure, some people have a natural predisposition or talent towards certain activities.  However, all is fair in love and war.  Stop complaining!  Stop making excuses!  Stop comparing yourself to other people!

All you can do is be the best you can be!

That's how I'm feeling lately.

I'm on a mission and I am determined and I am going to take things one day at a time.  I have been through things and we all have but that is neither here nor there.  It does not serve you to live in the past.  Take what you learned, use it, and DO BETTER.

My heart goes out to the people struggling with anxiety and depression, lacking motivation, not knowing what to do with their life.  I believe that we all have tremendous potential.  The mind is more powerful that you will ever know.  The physical body that you live in and your mind and soul is truly priceless.  You have to love and value yourself.  Make the most out of your life on Earth.  You have to give it your own meaning.

From now on, I put my faith in the universe that I will experience what I need to grow, and that I will get everything I deserve.  I will handle anything that comes my way.

You reap what you sow.

There will always be obstacles.  Just when you think things are going well, something will be standing in your way.

I'm enjoying my life this semester, I'm doing good for myself.  However this past week it appears that I have come down with an illness.  It started on Thursday evening with a sore throat, congestion, and general malaise.  Now it is Monday and I have the same symptoms on and off.  I don't feel my best physically but I know that I will get through it.  I am choosing to not take any medicine to mask the symptoms but rather try to beat it using fasting, herbs, fluids, and positive thinking.

I don't feel great right now but I still have a job to do.  I'm gonna handle my business at school, work, friends, family, etc. 

Just a reminder that you never know what to expect sometimes.  You can't get too high or too low.  Enjoy the process, no matter what.

Life is what you make it.

Rise above the hate.

Silence the negativity.

You only live once.

Seize the day.

This type of thinking is what has been running through my mind the past few weeks.  We got the ball rolling for 2019 and we are off to a good start.  I'm doing everything I need to do and life is pretty good.  There are ups and downs but we are going to make it.  Lately I am finding the balance between everything I need to do in my life, and I am taking it one step at a time.  I have been consistent so far when it comes to my classes, studying, socializing, eating better, lifting, jiu-jitsu, and journaling to name a few. 

We all have the same amount of time.  24 hours.  What are you going to do with it?

I'm setting appointments with my professors, handling business, going to work in the hospitals, and still making time for extracurricular activities.  I'm doing well so far and enjoying my life.  Heading into week 4, I have a few exams coming up.  This is really going to determine how well I'm doing as a student this semester.  My goal is to get 5 A's in my courses this semester, and that is still very much attainable.  I have a good GPA and I will accept nothing less than a B under any circumstances.

Anyways, just wanted to check in.  My mindset is good.  I'm happy.  I'm productive.  I'm getting one step closer to the dream every day. 

Really can't complain.

I'm doing good for myself.  My mindset is on point.  I am open to trying new things, meeting new people, and having a good time.  Life can be stressful but you have to be able to laugh and have fun.

I have a couple exams coming up next week.  I am going to put in the level of effort required to do well, and there's nothing stopping me.  I am on the quest for excellence.

Life is all about cycles.  Right now, I'm reaching the end of college and I am going to finish strong.  I am navigating the world and I am learning things about myself and others and even making plenty of mistakes along the way.  I am perfectly okay with that.  I'm not afraid to fail anymore.  Everything happens for a reason.  There is always a window of opportunity in any adverse situation.  You just have to learn to train your mind.

We are on the cusp of greatness.  I want to see my friends and family doing well.  There is enough love and success in the world for all of us, you just have to find it.

I'm happy, I have a lot of work to do, but I'm taking it one step at a time.

I would rather be the square today, to be around tomorrow.

And that's just how I'm feeling right now.

I'm happy and I'm doing good for myself.

I have a couple exams tomorrow and I've been studying.  I'm typically a good student so I am going to put in as much work as I can tonight, and we will see how it goes.

Besides that, I had a good weekend.  I'm happy with my friends, my family, and my personal life.

I'm just going to keep doing the best I can.

It's cold over here in New York.  I can't wait until the weather starts getting nicer.

Spring 2019 here we come.