Alexandru

Is Freemasonry a cult?

4 posts in this topic

I was recently conducting a bit of research about Freemasonry and then I saw Leo's video about cults.

What do you think of Freemasonry? Is it one of the biggest cults out there?

Edited by Alexandru

More of an Old Boys' club; not a member. But they often recruit from business leaders involved with councils. Had 2nd Uncle that was a Masonic member who worked for the Bank of England, my dad remarked on the fact he had a Steinway Piano, but would be wearing an old vest with holes in it.

Cult would be something like taking a religion and perverting it. Jehovah Witness or Mormon, for example. All cults are satanic in nature. Originally had thought of kind of a dark cloak thing, something like the movie the DaVinci code or Ninth Gate.

18 hours ago, RichardY said:

All cults are satanic in nature.

Humans are satans. God is satan. If you want to learn more about cults, I recommend reading social architecture written by pieter hintjens.

Edited by CreamCat

4 hours ago, CreamCat said:

Humans are satans. God is satan. If you want to learn more about cults, I recommend reading social architecture written by pieter hintjens.

More interested in the metaphysical aspects, and how they may apply to cults. For personal gain I could see the attraction, but they don't really seem to work like that. Pantheism; I just find the notion really boring, no stakes. : "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law" and "Love is the law, love under will." The architecture does not mean much if the keystone is flawed.