Rob

One trick to become immune to negative emotions

23 posts in this topic

I think the key to eliminate, or at least to reduce, this negative emotions is meditation. I am naturally a thinker, a man who continuously analyse something.Before starting to meditate daily, in my case every night for 25 minutes, my mind was in constant discussion and giving feedback on any conscious or unconscious arose. This was happening now more than three months before I started to meditate constantly. But since then things gradually changed and I can say that my mind is quieter than ever. This does not mean I no longer think, it just means that my mind chatter disappeared. And now, to get to the topic, it seams that this missing mind chatter has led to some control over negative emotions.
In my opinion these negative emotions derived from one single primordial emotion, namely "the fear". And fear is nothing but an imaginary construction of something which is not, something that might happen and certainly this fear sensation occurs because of the way the mind operates overly analytical.
So meditate steadily, I think that you have only to gain and nothing else. ^_^

(sorry for my bad english :D)

Damn, this is a really good topic and one that I've been pondering about lately. Just letting the "stories" go. You all have really good ideas about this. Thank you Rob for the recommendation, I'm going to check it out. :D

On 9.02.2016 at 3:27 PM, Anicko said:

You can dismiss the thought, but until you deal with whatever problem the thought is trying to get you to deal with, it will come back. Eventually you need to face the thought, ask what it is about the thought that is upsetting and follow it to the core belief that you need to get rid of. Then you will be free of those thoughts truly and permanently. 

What Anicko said is perfectly described by Teal Swan, who's got many videos concerning emotions. 
This one is on finding core beliefs:

But I recommend watching more of her videos that are dedicated to specific negative emotions.
Analysing your emotions really helps to dissolve some of the tension. According to Teal, the tension is there because we've suppressed the emotion to the subconscious, but once we work on it, finding its meaning, core beliefs, false assumptions behind them, our needs and fears will be brought back to the conscious, where it's easier to deal with them.

Edited by Kimasxi