Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VioletFlame

Cult In Culture (Contemplations)

5 posts in this topic

Westboro Baptist Church

Certain street gangs that seem to exhibit many cult-like personalities ?

Also, Publisher’s Clearing House? Although a bit of a giggle and not a “cult”..definitely a massive mind control scam towards the elderly specifically. My grandmother was lured into their manipulative trap of deception, robbery, and promised wealth & fortune for years. They would relentlessly send mail guaranteeing that she would win “thousands of dollars every week for life”, if she just donated to their organization here and there, compelling her to purchase little trivial, single-serving items, etc. She was addicted to these fictitious promises, and she was all amped about it. It was fucked up, and equally as heartbreaking as seeing a disappointed child. Dare I say, could there be such a diagnonsense coined as the Senior PCH Syndrome?

I’ve noticed that it always seems so easy for ignorant people and corrupt organizations/companies to manipulate the elderly, and distort their minds with fantasy and guaranteed rewards, just as easy as it is for people to manipulate and control children...

It’s psychologically exhausting after a while if one is basing reality off of soap operas, sitcoms, televangelists, prize programs and TV game shows...but to keep pathologically resorting to the lottery, and chasing unlikely prizes & rewards and financial fairy tales to the point of addiction is a whole other level of being brainwashed I think. O.o

For all we know, our own neighbors and friendly acquaintances could cultivate their own cult...

You just never know what goes on behind closed doors...

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

Culture in general is very cult like. Traditions and shunning for not living or behaving the way they expect you to. It's all about expectations and people flip out when things don't match.

@Shadowraix Makes total sense! If that's the case then you could say that even family systems and "regular" household families can turn into one-on-one cults.

Children and elders are easy targets, but children are not given a choice to decide where they want to live, so in a sense they are recruited from birth into this particular environment where parents are predatory and abusive. Many times children are captivated and forced to recite prayer in their own house.

Also, all the hidden, unspoken dangers of foster care can be cult-like.

Domestic abuse, slander, social conditioning, triangulation, manipulation and scapegoating are all popular in culture.

Co-dependency and narcissism are both extremely common conditions in society. There are narcissists all around us on a daily basis and whoever doesn't have one in their family should consider themselves blessed. But there will be one or more somewhere in our lives. A classmate, a teacher, a coach, a family friend, a mentor, a healthcare person, a priest, a yogi, an auto mechanic, a neighbor, it can be anyone at all. And so we get used to the behavior. When we get used to behaviors, we don't notice that something is wrong until something severe happens because of it.

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

@Shadowraix I don't recall if I seen this one actually, I'll give it a looksie, thanks!

Edited by VioletFlame