Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jivvie

I quit. For now. Ongoing Addiction

1 post in this topic

I’ve officially quit MOBAs. The game category. It’s been two months now. But lately I’ve been able to focus on meditation, writing, designing, and coding. I even got a few lady friends in the process. I eat better. I drink more water. I accept people and I’m a lot more social. 

I think I’ve played like 2 hours of gaming in the past two weeks and currently have nothing installed. 

I do get tempted when I watch Trick but it’s gotten easier and easier to just enjoy the entertainment after a long day of work. 

If you’re like me and just want to play games less and get depressed over losses then I can give a tad bit of advice. 

You’ll die soon. Seriously. I invited this girl over for 5 days.  We actually had a lot of sex. Like, a LOT. We smoked (I’m not a smoker), drank, laughed, joked, and balanced each other. I didn’t play a single game in that time. And every night the only thing I thought about next to her was “I’m going to die. And this feeling won’t matter.” So I compared these good times to games, and work, and food. 

What I realized is that death is inevitable. We can’t keep playing games all day thinking it’ll bring some type of happiness. You have to create something and find meaning. You have to build a connection with other people. 

That’s my take on it. Games are a good supplement, but a bad solution.

5F8F509A-22D7-4AA2-B694-4D746A58FF8C.jpeg