Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rrodriguez11

How To Be Present During The Day?

4 posts in this topic

Hey,

Even though I meditate almost everyday, when I am not meditating, I go "unconscious" for the rest of the day.  

Is there any way to keep the presentness and silence that meditation offers during the day? Even if I am busy?

Thanks.

21 minutes ago, rrodriguez11 said:

Hey,

Even though I meditate almost everyday, when I am not meditating, I go "unconscious" for the rest of the day.  

Is there any way to keep the presentness and silence that meditation offers during the day? Even if I am busy?

Thanks.

Yeah, Ekhart Tolle has videos on that. Just try to keep presence in the inner body during your days while you are walking/doing whatever as a practise. I've been doing it whenever I remember, of-course xD. Just focus on breathing and keep some attention on the inner body, even when you're talking to somebody.

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

I've found that as I've increased the amount of time I meditate daily, the heightened awareness remains for some time without effort. Just enjoy the process and meditate as much as is manageable. As the awareness muscles in your brain grow and the scanning or danger finding (sense of self, egoic parts of your brain) gets less attention you'll be more aware and relaxed without trying. If you want to speed up this process, meditate more. Even just brief moments of mindfulness through out the day can be helpful. Have fun :) (Just a little edit, Rupert Spira pointed out to me that awareness never actually increases; the objects that obscure awareness lessen and awareness appears to increase. Awareness is always pure. Only the things that block this pure awareness change.)

Edited by The Village Idiot