PsiloPutty

Modafinil: my 1st experience. Had a true nimitta!

3 posts in this topic

Geez, this stuff WORKS. 

Took my first dose on Saturday, which was half of a regular modafinil tablet. What I really enjoyed about it was not being able to tell that I had taken anything until I actually sat down to meditate. I was afraid that I would have other mental symptoms to deal with, but I didn't have any that I noticed. My heart rate was increased a little bit I noticed, but nothing terribly unusual.

Anyway, so the focus. I sat down to meditate a couple hours after taking it, and in roughly 30 seconds I realized that it was going to be a damn good sit. Strong attention on the breath was so effortless. Like never before.

Noticing and dissecting out the breath into its component sensations was something I had been getting into, but this was like using the best microscope and scalpel available to science. At about 40 minutes, I realized that I had never seen a real nimitta before, because one developed right before my eyes. Sort of a gold and brightly shimmering hoop of light. It was something I had never seen in my life that I remember, but I knew exactly what it was. It stayed for about 2 minutes, until I started to focus on it a little too much and it went away. 

Could be my ego coming up with this, but I think I was fairly close to being able to do this on my own, but the modafinil gave me that extra push. Like it shows you what's around the corner for you in your practice if you keep the momentum up. I plan on taking half a tablet a couple times a week, on days where I can spend a few hours meditating. Anyway, if you're on the fence about this drug, I was too but I'm glad I got some. It definitely lives up to the hype. Thanks Leo, for the work and the passion. I've stood on your shoulders a number of times in developing and furthering my practice. I'm in debt to you. Happy 2019 to everyone.   

@PsiloPutty This is great! I'm glad modafinil worked well for you. I like to take Armodafinil and yesterday combined with Gingko Biloba, my brain was like lightening. xD I'd suggest not taking modafinil too late in the day if you have a regular schedule to keep. I took it at 3pm and was wide awake until 4am.

I haven't tried meditating on it yet, but I will soon. I've been apprehensive that my brain won't be as still because it wants to think and process information quickly, but hearing your experience makes me hopeful.

Edited by katykat

@katykat   Oh man, you need to sit and meditate when on that. Wholly new experience. 

I think I'll take it at 6am when I do take it. Should be OK for sleep around 10pm.