youngshinzen

One page a day - my final thesis

12 posts in this topic

Hey,

I'm currently writing my master thesis in logistics. This topic is not something I'm passionate about, but I'm close to finishing it and want to use the opportunity to build a habit of finishing unpleasant work. I want to use this thesis as a meditation object, as my mind wanders off a lot. 

I have also experienced a lot of success in the past with keeping myself accountable by posting the process. If I do one page daily, I'll be ready one month early, which I have never done before.

Inspired by "Eat that frog", I will do it first thing in the morning and post the page (blurred) here. Some days I'll add a few notes to it and explain what has changed and what I've learned. 

Any piece of advice is welcome!

Edited by youngshinzen

Day1: 4/10, 313 words

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-22 um 14.48.46.png

Edited by youngshinzen

Day3: 7/10, 345 words

• I was able to do 1/2 page, but then I hit an obstacle. My mind was blocked, body even more tense and I couldn‘t understand a thing I read
  • Started to have a conversation with my inner child. It felt helpless and I asked  what it doesn‘t understand. I slowly explained it and was able to keep going

C581DD61-DC1C-46D9-B2AE-B95CD685983A.jpeg

Edited by youngshinzen

Day5: 6/10, 255 words

• woke up, but kept on sleeping, because that's the only thing I allow myself to do before writing
  • adding a rule for studying for an exam: have to study before meditating. meditating daily is a MUST, so I can lock studying between the thesis and meditation

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-27 um 20.08.56.png

Edited by youngshinzen

Day6: 4/10, 282 words

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-27 um 20.04.15.png

Edited by youngshinzen

Day7: 8/10, 290 words

• as always, I went to the library on an empty stomach 
  • but I had to start a new chapter and that took lengthy preparation, so I went home to eat something and finished my page there

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-28 um 15.48.51.png

Day8: 6/10, 287 words

• woke up with a good mood, but out of fear to start I continued to sleep and felt depressed afterwards.
  • new rule: I have to start at 10am. Morning routine and breakfast have to happen before that.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-29 um 14.26.49.png

Day9: 9/10, 142 words

• getting deeper into mathematical areas and blockage kicked in
  • spent many hours today just reading, re-reading and arranging, but not really progressing
  • managed to get the page done by using a necessary picture, but did not fully understand the topic yet

Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-30 um 16.38.31.png

Edited by youngshinzen