TveinDenis

How did you find your life purpose?

7 posts in this topic

Hello people!

My name is Denis, I'm from Romania and I want to share my story about my life purpose.

This month I celebrate one year since I found my life purpose and this is the path that lead me to it. (My purose in life is about mathematics)

It all began with my ex girlfriend. We met a year ago when I was 17 and I thought that she is gonna be the love of my life (we broke up after a month, so she wasn't :)) ) and everything was nice and beautiful untill we started arguing about something she thought i did but I didn't.

While my girlfriend and I were together I also started learning more. And that was because of her. She was very into learning and I didn't know how she could learnd that much, read that much and all this stuff. I remember when I said to myself "If she can do that I should be able to do that too" and I started wondering what would be the best topic that will help me if i'll go learn about it. And suddently, I do not know how math came into my mind, so I decided to give it a shot. I was struggling so much with it because I almost knew nothing about it. I was asking her how to do this and that problem and I started to improve my skills and go better with it. My colleagues were coming at my home to learn math (we had exams in that period) and I stood out. They started questioning me about their exercices and when I saw that I had some insights, I asked myself "have I really got it, I mean they think I know what I'm doing. Did I really learn something about it? Maybe I'm not that bad. I think this fits for me". This was just the beginning.

In the end me and my girlfriend knew we cannot be with each other anymore. She started telling me that I'm immature and that I behave like a clild. I was so frustrated cause I knew that everything she said was true. So I made a commitment, from that day on, I said to myself that I have to change my life and all of this has to stop. I wanted to become more wise and especially more mature. I wanted to show her that I can do it and I can do anything. I wanted to show that she is wrong.

And now it has pased a year and I continue to study math from 4 to sometime 10 hours everyday. I 've also read like 30 books since then and got into self development, got involved in calisthenics and learning many other things.

I think I grow immensely in last year, but this is just the beginning of the story.

It was I think the best decision I've done with my life. I found my life purpose and I love it. For me it is the most fascinating thing in the world. I'm planning to go learning deeper fields and topics about math when I'll go to university.

And now my question for you is how did you find your life purpose and what is it?

I'm so curious to see your stories!

Thanks for sharing your story!

I am curious how many people found their purpose or drive to be better as a result of a broken heart.  Seems to be a very common narrative :)

My initial journey down self improvement and mastery began about 6 years ago. I was madly in love with a girl and also just discovered my passion for sound and music. Unfortunately its very hard to love 2 things at the same time and my relationship suffered the more time i spent learning about my passion. In hind-sight I should have seen the disaster coming. Needless to say, things did not end well. I took that pain and flowed everything i could into my music. Young love is one hell of a drug! and the withdrawal symptoms are torturous. I spent years trying to understand why I hurt so bad by the betrayal. Once I was able to forgive her and move on I finally started to make some real progress in life.

Looking back now i am very glad things happened the way they did. She made me into a kinder and stronger person and I am very grateful to her for that. Wish her nothing but the best.

I thought that I was the only one that found life purpose like that.

Thank you for sharing your story!

10 hours ago, TheFrown said:

Thanks for sharing your story!

I am curious how many people found their purpose or drive to be better as a result of a broken heart.  Seems to be a very common narrative :)

My initial journey down self improvement and mastery began about 6 years ago. I was madly in love with a girl and also just discovered my passion for sound and music. Unfortunately its very hard to love 2 things at the same time and my relationship suffered the more time i spent learning about my passion. In hind-sight I should have seen the disaster coming. Needless to say, things did not end well. I took that pain and flowed everything i could into my music. Young love is one hell of a drug! and the withdrawal symptoms are torturous. I spent years trying to understand why I hurt so bad by the betrayal. Once I was able to forgive her and move on I finally started to make some real progress in life.

Looking back now i am very glad things happened the way they did. She made me into a kinder and stronger person and I am very grateful to her for that. Wish her nothing but the best.

I definitely found who I was due to a broken heart. I lost the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with due to me being hurt from my previous relationship before him. I became paranoid, insecure, jealous, I was a nightmare girlfriend trying to control everything and the day I lost him, I cried for weeks and when I felt like I hit rock bottom, I started to think "who am I? what have I done?Why was I that person to someone I cared and loved so much? I was so afraid to show how much I loved him and cared because I was so scared and so sure he would hurt me like my previous partner. 

Anyway I started to journal and I told myself, If i ever fall in love again, I will be the best girlfriend ever and I will give 110%. It took a lot of being alone (which was very uncomfortable to me), it took a lot of personal development work on making myself better, mentally and emotionally. Through my work on personal development I started to volunteer and mentor teenagers trying to find their life purpose, then teenage pregnant single mothers; I was then put through a counselling program through work which I completed and became a counsellor as well as my day job at my work. I was introduced to a life coach at a network meeting who I thought she was amazing, I love her energy and her passion for life and to help others and thought.. I want to do what she's doing, so I put myself through a diploma of life coaching and met so many wonderful people and ever since.. I absolutely love being a life coach, I love it that much that I coach people for free sometimes because my passion is there and I couldn't picture doing anything else than to help others. 

So it was due to that break up that really pushed me to change and be a better person.

Hi 

I'm not sure if I've found my life purpose or not. I loved piano back when I was very, very young, way back in kindergarten. So I kept playing, kept playing for about 8 years now. Early in the process I was just kinda grinding it through but the more I play, the more excited and energized I am to play more. Right now, hours passes without me even noticing if I'm on my piano. 

But who knows, this might change. Human brains are so dynamic. 

Btw it's not really about finding one thing, you can have multiple purposes. Like I really enjoy playing golf as well! 

Rob

I must quote from a book "People tend to get in a relationship with somebody who is good at combating resistance. That might be your case. But I got into it without a single influence.

I found him on YouTube and the topics he covered were simply brilliant and problem solving. After 3 months I purchased the Ultimate Life Purpose Course and got out with Programming.

Soon I realized that I wanted to start game development and before doing some research on my own I've figured out all the details and my " Sure Rate " got a boost to 100%.

Now I got the book list as well, started reading them and they have contributed to shaping my purpose and orienting in a narrower direction.

Started setting some habits so that I have enough time for both reading and programming but I still want more free time to practice.

~Silviu

Hi guys, this is my first form so be gentle :-) anyway  i've been thinking a lot about my  life's purpose  all my life people have been telling me I should be a writer/ather and well I definitely have the intrapersonal intelligence for it as well as the skill (Open for debate)  i've never had a love for reading  and will be years of going on I've become less creative and more analytical to do my interest in Philosophy .

I've spent the past few years  and I want to be  on Chepanoe or state of mine don't get me wrong I've learned a lot but I've realized that I'm more of an academic going to business ma then a businessman man, Trouble is I hate the Richard structure of academia 

And someways I think the ideal career for me would be something involving creative problem-solving , I have several palsy and this is forced me to develop my creative ingenuity muscles throughout life , So anything that lets me apply creativity with an outcome  (Creativity with the goal essentially) .

I'd appreciate any feedback you guys could give.