Julian Lobo

Whole-Food Plant-Based nutrition

4 posts in this topic

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, success stories, or information about plant-based nutrition (vegan without the ethical component), then post them here!

Since 2013 I stopped eating animal products. I've been eating all sorts of fruits, vegetables, grains, pulses/legumes/beans, nuts&seeds.  I also eat some tofu.

This is for health reasons, based on the leading nutrition research.

I've been in love with food and the pleasures of eating for much of my life.  Now I am in love with healthy nutrition as well. The two are not mutually exclusive, in fact, they go very well together!

Hi,

I eat mostly plantbased food, I really notice the benefits after some year now  especially when looking at my running performance. I recover much faster after a long run now.

But I can't quit with certain animal based food. So, I think around 10% of my food intake is still animal based. Do you think that cutting out those last few items out of my diet will make any differences?

On the topic of vegetables...my diet is mostly vegetables...what types of arrangements do you guys recommend in terms of different ways to eat and pair them? 

The WFPB-scientists say: the more plant-based, the better for our health. But it's not scientifically proven that 100% is better than 90%. They advise it though because it can make it easier to resist unhealthy temptations if you make 100% your personal rule. Like you would not want to smoke 1 cigarette a day. If you still allow a little bit of the unhealthy stuff, it can easily grow bigger over time. So I guess you will feel better if you can move towards 100%.

As for vegetable combinations: mushrooms + onions + dark green leaf vegetables at the same meal is an extremely powerful anti-cancer cocktail. Gives a super boost to the immune system, says Joel Fuhrman MD in his book 'Super Immunity'.