Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,792 posts in this topic

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Self Realized Beings and inner directed people often have little or no personality.

Like these musicians who only stand out because of their musical genius.

Practice exercise for inhabiting the body with I Am 

Doing this correctly over time helps one to distinguish sensing from feeling.

These are some instructions I copied from a Fourth way Course:

Become aware of the natural flow of your breathing for a few breaths, noting the sensation or presence of the physical body as the air comes in and goes out. Relax the body as you breathe out.

Let a feeling of gratitude or wonder arise. Relax into a feeling of gratitude or wonder for life or for whatever you may feel gratitude for. Do this for a few more breathes.

For the next few breaths, say inwardly “I”, as you inhale, breathing with the intention of taking in finer energies or substances in the air and feeling a connection to Higher help. When you breathe out say inwardly “AM”, with an awareness of your whole body physical presence.

The exercise itself is a form of self-remembering — returning from “all these other things” back to myself.  Its aim is to practice three-centered awareness — observing (seeing), sensing, feeling. Engaging all three centers and having a sense of whole body awareness is essential. Activating gratitude, wonder, our being, or our own inner poverty and need for higher help — all are good catalysts for self-remembering.

The inner exercise should only take a minute or two (or less) once familiar with the steps.

After you get used to doing it, start feeling from the heart with the in breath and saying I

And then sensing the body with the exhale while saying am, silent or inwardly.

Powerful practice,,,,

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

Inquiry and becoming the witnessing presence who has no fucking opinion. - can bring immediate relief from emotional turmoil.

Use the idea of beginners mind if it helps you to touch that quiet inner space of just simply being the Witness. Eckhart Tolle refers to it as 'being the Watcher'.

The exercise of imitating the 'higher' is a practice I was taught in the Fourth way. It's a version of fake it till you make it. In this light, learning correct self Inquiry applies and correlates to eventually becoming stable in what Ken Wilber call Witness Consciousness. So if it helps- pretend; act out the role; embody the Witness who just observes without putting labels on anything. Can you then taste this state of being the Witness?

Simply become the witness.

No assessments!

NO SELF CRITICISM!

If you get a taste of it, you will feel a detachment and probably at least a small sense of relief.

"You're not going to figure this out intellectually."- Leo

If we are unable to do Inquiry because of 'monkey mind and an inability to focus - "We need a daily practice to help calm down the mind." - Leo

"The thing that is suffering is always the false self."- Leo

Pure Heart

Pure heart is what I also call the courageous heart. The courageous heart does not eliminate love when there is hatred and does not try to choose one thing above another. The pure heart is open to the presentations of Being regardless of what they are. It is happy to be with whatever God wills, and it asserts no position. The attitude of purity is the attitude of no assertion. You don’t assert any truth. You don’t assert any knowledge, any perspective, any position. You don’t take a position; you don’t have a position; you don’t have a particular truth, opinion, belief, religion. You are absolutely poor. The attitude of purity is that you never close your mind and say that’s it. You never close the door. You are open not because you are uncertain, but because it is not possible to assert this or that about reality in some absolute way. And also there is no need or urge to assert this or that view. 

Diamond Heart Book Five, pg. 22

How Being Knows Itself

Since Being is pure consciousness capable of direct awareness of itself, it does not require thinking and deduction for it to know itself. This is what most distinguishes it from the personality of the ego, which knows itself through reference to the past. One reason it is not easy to have a clear experience of Being is that the habit of ego is to know itself through reference to other perceptions, as in Descartes' "I think, therefore I am." 

Pearl Beyond Price, pg. 65

I like to do my Meditation sits on a five gallon bucket turned upside down with a pillow on it.

its just the right height. Allows me to keep my back straight,,,, feet are spread shoulder width. 

Body alert but relaxed.

"A relaxed body is an honest body." -Red Hawk

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

The Pearl is the Actualized Individuation of Your Soul

When you are who you are, when you are just precisely yourself, you are your “point.” Just that. This has nothing to do with any qualities, functions, capacities, and skills you may have. It has nothing to do with your status in the world, and nothing to do with living this life in a body or not in a body. It is your nature. The Pearl Beyond Price is the connection between this genuine center and all the capacities, skills, and understanding that are a part of your growth as a human being. It allows your capacities, functions and accomplishments to develop in a genuine way as an outgrowth of your spontaneous unfoldment. It is the result of living in the moment, living in a way that is true to who you are. This is your genuine personal life, your own development, your own growth. The pearl is the actualized individuation of your Soul. So the personal essence is connected with your unique function, your unique work in this life. To actualize your particular unique work in this life means to be your personal essence. It is the essence of all that you have developed and integrated in your soul as you live a real life. Everyone is born with the true self, with the point. Although we feel that the point is unique in each of us, the quality of the point is universal. Then how do people become so different in their personal lives? This is due to the particular development of their personal essence.

Diamond Heart Book Three, pg. 66

The Courageous Heart is Independent

The courageous heart is independent of what the other person does and what the other person thinks of you. To have a courageous heart, you need to accept a certain kind of aloneness, a certain kind of independence. With the courageous heart, you are so independent that the person can do all kinds of unpleasant things but you can still see the reality. In that independence, the feeling is that you have to give constantly, regardless of what the other person does or what the situation is. 

Diamond Heart Book Four, pg. 203

Good message.

Don't be taken in by charisma or likable personalities.

But don't beat yourself up next time it happens. I have often become enamored with new interesting people and no doubt probably will again. Just a matter of time,,,, I can observe it,,,,

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

Doing some binge watching of Leo's videos.

Watching this made me realize how I approach things in an intuitive way more than I realized. He stressed the need for quieting down both the body and mind. Purifying our emotional life, in order to be a better tuned receiver. Acting from good will as opposed to fear ,,,,

Made many good distinctions that I never have thought of. Need to rewatch sometime. Especially toward the end.

I'm writing a few notes and posting the Videos as I watch them in order to help me remember and integrate the knowledge more than I would if I didn't. That's my thinking and intention anyway,,,

"This knowledge was still known in the middle ages when the few remaining secret wisdom schools were threatened by the inquisition. In the year 1299 a group of cabbalists, sufis and artisans (companions, not freemasons), invented a covert means to teach the meaning of the 52, and use it as a means of divination. They invented the deck of 52 playing cards, completely separate and apart from the tarot which was known and condemned by the establishment church. This is essentially the same playing cards known today all over the world. The cards were originally invented and used to create a seemingly harmless facade for their spiritual, "heretical" teachings. With the 52 playing cards they were able to teach the arcana openly in the inns where they met. If the gestapo-inquisition came by, they would pretend it was just a game. At worse they were only guilty of a lesser sin of gambling, not of heresy." -R.C.L.

FACE CARDS

KING: The start is to have the right livelihood , to have friends of other walks of life, to accept your instincts and needs , and to know in which field you have real mastery. Thus the path to Wisdom starts from mastery, from a position of health and attainment, and goes to the Ace, the unified field of awareness.

QUEEN: The mastery and competence should become the status, a profession respected by others. You have to accept your place in society and family and become a personality , visible and desirable to others, being honest, sincere and trustworthy, not hiding any weakness.

JACK: Due to our brain structure we learn our whole life. The starting point is work. By working to make things better, you evolve, make progress and join a team working to the same end. Out of this group effort your belief system improves and your faith is born. This will lead to fulfillment in your Spiritual Path .

NUMBER CARDS

(10) - In the depth of your Self, the core of your Being, you have the vision of ideals to attain. This vision gives you hope and the courage to strive: Beauty for sensing, Truth for thinking, Goodness for feeling, and impartial Justice for willing. Justice, not in the Roman, but in the Chinese interpretation: finding your right place in the cosmic order and in the golden chain of being.

(9) - The striving for these infinite ideals enables you to plan and invent your own future projects. You program your own human computer, and carrying out your inventions as scriptwriter, producer and actor. You plan your life software, putting in additional time, linking it up with your dream , and thereby find the link to the muses , the inspiration.

(8) - You then accept full responsibility for your dream and position. To do this, and act consciously as a leader, you must be able to explain , and to create appropriate methods or rituals for common action. You learn to trust the beyond, your angel , and your inner voice.

(7) - Knowing your stand you have to fight for your values, even to death. You have to take the initiative. Remain open to questioning and assertions , nobody is ever totally in the right, the devil and evil are an invention of power people. You have to realize that forces of nature help you to find your individuation by way of omens and agreements, getting help from the nature spirits , the elementals.

(6) - Whoever has real power can communicate , discuss and make statements in dialogue, instead of argument. You thereby establish the right priorities and link your own work with history and the ancestors .

(5) - Having thus fulfilled your public and social duties, you turn to your own life. You start to have deeper insights into your self and your way, to discern more and more clearly and distinctly. You qualify and fine tune and analyze your statements about reality. Knowing your norm , your competence never transgresses it. In this way you find your true human identity .

(4) - The real human will be able to take their wishes, their true desires as positive motivations. They will see them in their totality, in mental representations, and balance them in the center. Then you will develop the right strategies to attain them, just like any animal, trusting your communion with their world and attain wisdom in acting.

(3) - The wishes will lead you again unto the way of knowledge, to study, the pursuit of knowledge of what really interests you. You will then gain a better understanding of others and yourself. As you do you will strive to discover your highest potentiality, your archetype , to evolve, trusting in natural growth like a tree.

(2) - The tree has flowers, your capacity to create will grow and flower like the mature tree. If your conception is large enough, if you adapt to the prevailing conditions and take the technological world as your field of actualization, then you and others will be able to relate to your creations.

(1) - Finally, knowing that you are not the creator, but only His tool or transmitter, you will let the force of healing flow to you. You will trust in your overall grasp of the whole in absolute confidence that it will never lead you astray. This will lead to a complete opening to the east, the voice of continuous revelation , the spirit of the times. You will attain the Ace of Spades - the symbol of true wisdom. Your journey to full wisdom will be complete.

From: http://www.chanceandchoice.com/course-overview/the-human-computer/

If you encounter a state of consciousness that is more vivid and fulfilling than anything you've ever known and then the Pendulum swings into the negativity and shadow, two things come to mind. Although there are many more than two possibilities here. Both of the ones I'm thinking of have to do with Kundalini and Kundabuffer.

If you "fall apart" or off the "edge of the world". You may be entering a Kundalini awakening. 

If after the pendulum swings and while in shadow the person looks back and is just cynical and dismissive for a few days and then returns into the light of optimism,,,,, That's symptomatic and an indication of having no real understanding of self deception and especially the subtlest of forms of being polluted by our own imagination. This is The consequences of Kundabuffer.I was fooling myself for a long time. That's why I can write things about it. It's very subtle in how it pollutes us.

Within the first year that I heard the idea that 991/2 % of  everyone is in spiritual sleep. I, of course sincerely felt that I was in that 1/2 %,,, had to be. Life was SO real, at times. And same type of situation in one being a multiplicity; 'man is legion'. That too.,,, I'm special, you know because at times I feel so alive,,, sure I have moods,,, but, everyone has moods,,,,,

Here I stayed for years off and on doing Inquiry.

Being cooked in an alchemical Kundalini fire can destroy parts of the personality. Some say that is Kundalini's basic purpose. I don't know?

It's said in some of the Work literature that we won't be "shown" devastating truths unless one is capable of enduring it.

This is the price of equanimity. I'm still making payments from time to time.

I'm seriously considering finding a way to do some trippin with 5-MeO-DMT and see where that goes.

Being Right Is the Last Consolation of Ignorance 

To Awaken is to question every single thing

which is received as knowledge and to do so

ruthlessly until ideas can be verified by concrete

experience. Otherwise I am enslaved by belief and sing

another's song like a mocking bird who, though

his song is beautiful, is doomed to repeat

a borrowed tone,

an echo from one who has already flown

away. Questioning belief places one squarely alone

in the vastness of the unknown,

where Inquiry can serve as a guiding light

in the Soul's dark night.

To question the very self, to doubt it's airtight

certainty is to abandon the condition of being right

Red Hawk - Wreckage with a beating heart; 2005,

Impromptu Book Report trivia

Things declared and things implied in Beelzebub's Tales To His Grandson:

Humanity is in a deep spiritual sleep. 

chi = Prana = Kundalini rising up through a body with ordinary Consciousness creates a deeper 'spiritual sleep' utilizing ones own imagination in deep yet subtle ways. (Kundabuffer) Leo explains it well in his 3 videos on self deception, by the way,,,

Atlantis really did exist and was destroyed by natural disaster ( "second Transapalnian perturbation").

Remnants of Atlantean population and Culture made it to Ancient Egypt and were responsible for the Sphinx and the Great Pyramid.

The universe has a diverse population. (Of course)

Christianity exisited before Jesus.

Most people are born without a completely formed Soul.

Once we start forming a Soul, we have a limited number of lifetimes to form it through overcoming narcissism which then allows the natural condition of love/non-duality. Achieving this Awakening  takes an enormous effort because of the nature of humanities slumber.

Some dogs have more of a soul than some humans.

An incomplete soul is bound to this Solar system after death of the body and will eventually disintegrate.

Ive yet to reconcile Gurdjieffs teaching about people having only part souls and Leo's body of knowledge. If anyone knows a correlation, please let me know.

Also,

There is no hell.     Yet, earth is a pain factory,,,,

Kingdom of Heaven is within  same as Kingdom of Heaven = nondual consciousness.

Eternal life does exist for 'completed souls'. 

I welcome comments, questions and criticism on everything I post except my attempts at unfolding the Science of Idiotism. It needs some space around it for it to develop. If I get anywhere with it, then at some point, I'll probably open it up for debate and scrutiny.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

2 or 3 years before the Power Of Now. Ken Carey's The Third Millennium had a major impact on me. I'm sure it made me more receptive to Power Of Now.

IMG_0224.JPG

After Power Of Now and during my early Years as a Gurdjieff reader, I encountered Jim Marion's  Putting on the Mind of Christ. It really reoriented parts of my understanding. He writes about Psychic Consciousness, Christ Consciousness, Dark night of the Soul, nondual consciousness and lots more. I lost my old copy and bought it again a couple of years ago.

IMG_0225.JPG

Everybody means well,,,

Judgement divides.

Forgiveness unites.

My metaphor for forgiveness- A nondual reset button.

We exist in nonduality anyhow. It just has to be realized.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

Another good idea and headstart I got out of Scientology was viewing the body as an "it" instead of "l". Which is pretty much how I see it today.

This was through most of my twentys and I was really going thru the shit. To try to meet my responsibilities I would sometimes think to myself,,,,,Ok, time to make the body get out of bed ,,,, or time to make the body go run a chainsaw for a couple of hours,,,etc. 

There was a spell before this when I was 19-21 that I was in a deep chronic depression mixed with anxiety and episodes of 'panic attacks'.  Rarely left my parents house. Could barely function in society/public. What eventually got me out of this was getting outdoors and then eventually taking on some small work projects. 

If I had had this forum, no doubt I would have done other things but this was in the late 80's and early 90's. I'm 51 now. That picture up in the corner was taken about 1969-70.

There were a few bright spots, but my 20's just pretty much sucked. I went from being an addicted confused mess to joining a cult. Jeez,,,,

I can understand why the Work that has to be done on oneself after some time in Inquiry will look different for everyone. In part because of the different nature of essence types.  Over the years I've seen several webpages about essence types come and go. Whats below is from one that is around at present but I disagree with their designation of an "earth" type and the placement or influence of the Solar type. 

The information on the mars, jovial, Saturn, lunar, Venus and Mercury types correlates with what I've leaned. 

Im the combined type of Saturn - Mars. 

Because these are primal energies, they cover not only our personalities in their essence, but also our physical looks, our style of action and our function in life. Each type is associated with the predominance of one or other of the endocrine glands.

Pure Types

There is a basis of eight energy types, seven of which gave birth to the names of the days of the week. The eighth is Earth. These eight types, illustrated in Gallery 1, are

LUNAR         Solitary, introspective, detail-minded

VENUS         Languid, nurturing, sociable
MERCURY   Perceptive, quick, articulate

SATURN      Patient, rational, authoritative

MARS          Goal-oriented, forthright, combative

JOVIAL         Benevolent, cultured, epicurean

SOLAR         Radiant, serene, idealistic

EARTH         Robust, practical, realistic

from: http://destinyclemens.com/Destinyclemens/Body_Types.html

To me this one goes peanut butter and jelly with the Self deception videos and Mankind is the bullshitting animal video. In my study of A Course in Miracles the idea of forgiveness and all it's many aspects Seems to be the #1 theme. This idea of distraction though is in the top 10 themes in ACIM. Dissociation is the term used in ACIM, again and again,,,,same thing as the idea of keeping ourselves distracted so we don't have to 'deal with ourselves' or to feel the every-which-way-ness of our Conscience.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

Crickets are loud

On 12/13/2018 at 11:24 PM, Zigzag Idiot said:

I welcome comments and easy-to-answer questions.

This is a simple overview of where the Idiots are stationed on ladder of Being and some connections with my inner world development.

By the way, no one is being mean spirited here. I've seen where a lot of time, people who are solid in the green worldview will get offended over this stuff. This can be brutal on one's self importance, though.  But this is what makes it effective work on self. One can only work on oneself. I can work WITH other people but I can only work ON myself. And so this is an articulation of part of my actualization process. 

I return to Ordinary Idiot frequently and as needed to rest in 'beginners mind'. We all the same here,,,, no one is better.

1 - The Ordinary idiot - Ordinary Idiot is always with me in my Belly Center (hara). 

2  - The Super idiot

3 - The Arch idiot -  I spent 10 years looking at the World as a Scientologist which helped me fulfill some requirements and resolve disparities connected with this Station.

4 - The Hopeless idiot - There are 2 kinds of Hopeless Idiot. Will eloborate later.   

5 - The Compassionate idiot   This is a sticking point for a lot of Green as well as those who have a 'spiritual ego'. I've paid my dues. I was a Compassionate Idiot for a long time.

6 - The Squirming idiot

7 -The Square idiot

8 -The Round idiot - When I spent time as Round Idiot, I saw and understood how my negativity was hooked into and propelled my reactive self. 

9 -The Zigzag idiot - Experiences of self reflective and narrative consciousness dominate up to here.

This is where the path of Knowledge ends and the path of Being begins.

10 - The Enlightened idiot - Experiences Witness Consciousness 

11 -  The Doubting idiot

12 - The Swaggering idiot.  People are often bothered at first that Swaggering Idiot is so high on the ladder of Being. I was. But that's the way it is. Swaggering Idiot sees the interconnectedness of things,,,,, Many call it good here and go no further. 

13 - The Born idiot

14 -The Patented idiot - aka Authentic Idiot

15 -The Genial idiot

16 -The Polyhedral idiot

17 - The Master  idiot

18 - The Perfect idiot - aka The Realized Idiot          This is as far as human beings can go.

19 - The Holy idiot

20 - The Cosmic idiot

21 - The Unique idiot             God is Unique Idiot

Moving this close to may add some more. 

9/21 2:40 am

The following condensed articulation is hard to beat concerning work on self. From ego to essential Realization and then the development of the pearl using enneagram for a map for ones realization and integration of different energies,,,,

The ninefold structure can also be used as a key to understanding personality types. When a person emphasizes a particular potential, they naturally have a personality type associated with that planet. This system of personality analysis works because most successful people are at any one time dominated by one or two of the nine basic impulses to the exclusion of most of the others. They are successful because they at least have some personality of their own, even if only one dimensional. 

The majority of people today never develop any personality of their own at all. Instead, they have a false personality imposed on them from their parents, friends, job or society. The false personality has no connection with any of their innate capacities. For this reason it is usually weak, and the person has little energy or vitality.

Only personality which is in connection with a person's essence - their inner sun - can vitalize. The false, unconnected personalities only block energy. They act as a negative mask to hide true potential, instead of express it. Such lifeless personalities should be dropped and replaced by impulses and roles which you choose. They should be replaced by personalities that are more in accord with your essence and true potential. In the Gurdjieff tradition this process of liberation from false personalities is called "waking up". It is accomplished in part through a process called "self remembering" where you observe the false personalities in action.

If you are lucky enough to wake up and tap your inner essence and develop a true personality, you are on your way. But this is only the beginning, and many fall prey to the danger at this initial stage of development. They fall into the trap of domination by the first strong energy they develop. They may improve the quality of that type, and become more mature, but they do not fully grow or diversify. They do not become a real human. A real human awakens to all nine time forms. Instead, they become freakish, unidimensional beings. Strong perhaps, in their own little area, but narrow and imbalanced. They are only partially awake. They have knowledge and mastery of only one of the many forms of time. Their other potentials remain undeveloped, dormant or childlike.

IMG_0236.GIF

You avoid this danger by using your beginning personality as a springboard to master all of the others. Aware of the trap, you take steps to avoid stagnation in one type of time. You seek out continual change and flowing. You look for new ways to be, new roles in accord with your essence. You strive for multi-dimensionality.

Normal "fully actualizing" people let the false personalities die. They awaken to all of the forms of time. They are able to grow and change personality types. They can diversify their character without identification to any one impulse. They learn and emphasize other potentials. They are not satisfied with the "one of nine" that is naturally the strongest for them. They go beyond, and add to the first real personality they happen to awaken.

The goal is to divest yourself of all false personalities. To instead become a "well rounded" personality. Such a being is connected with all of their essence. They are filled with many different kinds of energy. Such a whole person has learned and mastered all of the archetypal capacities possible in time. They can adopt or "put on" one of the personalities like a mask as the occasion requires. The particular mask worn at any one time allows the inner essence to shine through, with color and style. The Master is not attached to any of their twelve sides. They do not identify with the various personality masks used to express their essence. Instead, they identify with the Essence of Being, the white light Sun - Zero dimension Awareness - behind all personalities. They are centered.

They are like an actor with a role. They use the masks or personalities as a tool to interact with other beings. When the Ego and the Self are in this type of healthy relationship, the positive traits of a personality type naturally dominate over the negative. Time is filled with meaning and diversity. In these circumstances the perception of time can change dramatically. It intensifies and grows in duration. Ten minutes of peak time can seem like hours. Conversely, hours of intensity in a flow experience can pass in what seems like no time at all.

from: http://www.chanceandchoice.com/course-overview/time-cycles/

Edited by Zigzag Idiot