Shadowraix

What is being/thinking/dreaming "realistic?"

2 posts in this topic

I was having a conversation about a specific game series and how it would be cool if they had a game that included all of the experiences. Due to the small size of the company I agreed it would take a while and said I could dream. They then told me to dream realistically. It got me thinking.

What is being realistic? Is it just a self limiting belief? The most likely occurrence? Reality isn't guaranteed to always be consistent or predictable. And thinking from the absolute I see that literally everything is possible and is occurring. Yet I think from the relative and think I can't make a big video game in a day but yet I am provided a counter thought that that isn't a guaranteed impossibility.

Where do you draw a line in dreaming about what could happen (literally anything) and being 'realistic'

On 11/30/2018 at 4:09 PM, Winter said:

All it means is that instead of just saying "it be cool", make a real business plan, find how long it would take, how much it would cost, how much hours per week should be put in and by how many people. 

That's probably not the answer you want but that's probably the answer you are trying to avoid by asking that question.

People often seem to use thinking realistically as plausible/implausible scenarios than actually trying to put it into practice. As if anything that doesn't fit within their realm of plausible is deemed unrealistic.