XYZ

Powerful transcendental experience while sleeping.

1 post in this topic

Occasionally when sleeping, and in particular I noticed when taking a mid-morning nap after waking up too soon and feeling very tired, I experience what I could only describe as a content-less dream with pure sensations. Feelings of endless flying, falling, or rotating have been more common, but what happened to day was an indescribable feeling of intense vibration.

It started out as a feeling of being overpowered by an external source, then being completely at one with cosmic energy, and then feeling like any physical sense of "me' literally being erased. This all happened very fast, at least that's how I perceived it, only a 10 seconds maybe, and the final phase where I felt myself dissolving only lasted half a second before the ego got scared and woke up. But when I awoke I didn't feel frightened, quite the opposite, very peaceful, happy, and having a sense that I was now unafraid of experiencing life, or death, in a new kind of way not just theoretically. At the same time, I felt regret that I could not stay with the vibrations, that I threw away a rare opportunity, wished I could have surrendered to it, and intuited that the calming after effects would be greatly magnified if I did.

I now recall something like this happening a few other times over the last several months, but had forgotten since I had nothing to compare it to, lacked conceptual references for what was happening. When this occurs again, can be more present for it and let myself surrender more. So far these have just been tiny glimpses into another realm.

Does this sound similar to anyone else's experiences while dreaming, astral projecting, meditation or psychedelic trips?