Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jonathan

To Focus Very Intently Or To Completely Relax?

3 posts in this topic

I've been doing self inquiry for 4 or so months now and one thing that I hadn't really thought about arose in my mind today. Some days I focus REALLY intensely on the question "Who am I?" (To the point my head starts to hurt) and that seems to have brought about some eye opening experiences. Other days I'll do the Do Nothing technique whilst inquiring into what I am.(To the point where I'll be spacey and falling asleep) I'll just relax into the question and that seems to have an effect sometimes. So my question, are both ways a valid way to find my true nature? Thanks for your responses in advance!

Edited by WhoisJon

Yes, do BOTH!

What I find is that those times when you're really focused and "efforting" don't usually result in a breakthrough, but they lay the groundwork which then lets the breakthrough happen when you're relaxed and doing nothing. If all you did was relax all the time, you'd probably never wake up.

There's a reason why spirituality has a long tradition of hardcore asceticism and unbelievably masochistic practices. They seem to get the job done when nothing else will ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.