Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IVONNE

Drained And Consumed

5 posts in this topic

why do i feel consumed and drained. The moment i wake up, i have to deal with some elses problems.

On 4/5/2016 at 1:11 PM, IVONNE said:

why do i feel consumed and drained. The moment i wake up, i have to deal with some else's problems.

Hi @ IVONNE,

I regret I did not respond to your thread earlier, I was moving.   I guess my first question would be what is your morning routine?  B|

@Kelley White i have an amayzing morning routine where i stand at the window and smell the air,earth,nature and i automatically get allot of energy as i recharge with what makes you happy such as songs,friends and social group you usual like and trust. hobbies and all that good stuff. but when you have a situation with someone in your family with a behavior that drains me how do i react to it?

@IVONNE  When I seem to have "chatter and excessive" thoughts, I take note of it, and think about what is on my mind, (just briefly), then say "Ok thoughts, time to take a break" and imagine them going into a box, or up to the the sky and being carried away.  It's up to us to direct our thoughts, or stay concentrating on them.. we just have to train ourselves to allow them to go when we decide we have thought about them enough.  This is what I try to practice, as I have had so much on my mind at times.  Don't allow what this family member does affect you, put up an invisible boundary around yourself, and when you've had enough, let the rest of it bounce back off your boundary... then you are safe and more at peace, as you are not taking all the drama in.  What they say, is what they say (or do).. but what you allow yourself to take on and get under your skin is up to you.  You have the last say when it comes to what you allow to bother you and what won't.  We are our own boss when it comes to our mind and what we allow to affect us.  Takes practice, but give it a go x