Sukhpaal

Break up: Long Distance Relationship

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I just need to vent and please give suggestions if you guys can. I broke up with my girlfriend who I dated for 5 months. It was a long distance relationship and we only saw each other twice in those 5 months. I met her online, I felt we both kept getting frustrated by distance. I knew it was going to eventually blow up in my face so I broke up with her after thinking about it for a month. It didn't hit me that we really broke up until we stopped talking, now I spend my days crying and being sad all the time. I've always been a needy person. I noticed I love playing the victim as well, last year I had to break up with my girlfriend because her parents were strictly religious, and this time it was because of distance. I always say "Why me?", Why can't I ever get lucky? Thanks guys for listening, please offer advice if you got any.

@Sukhpaal

Breakups aren’t fun, but they can be amazing for personal growth. Some of my absolute best lessons have come from breakups. Don’t be afraid to feel, it’s not going to kill you.

Also, I would just forget about long distance relationships. Do it if you really want, but I find them a waste of time.

@aurum Why do you think its a waste of time? In my case we were looking at 3-4 years of it. I also think both of us were too immature to maintain it.

5 minutes ago, Sukhpaal said:

@aurum Why do you think its a waste of time? In my case we were looking at 3-4 years of it. I also think both of us were too immature to maintain it.

Because you can just as easily get in a relationship with someone who isn’t long distance.

Long distance is basically the worst parts of a relationship with none of the good. You don’t get to see each other, you don’t get to have sex, you don’t get to eat together. You basically can’t do shit except talk on Skype.

Why make it harder than it has to be? Why not just find someone local?

@aurum That's true, I guess I jumped into it because of self esteem issues. Such as "I can't find someone I want in my area" Its like someone I'm attracted to, falls for me and I jump on it immediately. I noticed right after the break up, I immediately went on Tinder to look for another girl who'd satisfy my hunger for attention and love. So I guess I went along with the relationship because of my egoic deficiencies?