Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
metamorphose

Physical growth

5 posts in this topic

Hi there :)

I‘m 23 years old and technically fully grown (body wise). After the age of thirteen I remained the same height.

The last 1-2 years I noticed an actual physical growth. As I couldn’t believe it I even asked 2 other people to measure me and validate what I seemed to experience. I am currently 4cm taller than 1.5 years ago and it doesn‘t seem to stop (another cm added during the last few months). So I wonder where this comes from.

I started doing yoga about 3 years ago and noticed and extreme improvement in my self esteem and self worth, especially in the last 2 years. I wonder if those psychological changes also change my body. Maybe I stand taller or my spine is better aligned now. 

i just wonder if there is anybody else out there experiencing changes in their height :)

there have been cases of people being able to fix their spine and gain few cm by doing all sorts of stretching exercises and yoga so that is actually possible. Also some people experience delayed growth and influx of growth hormone later in life so that may also be the case. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Thanks for your reply, makes a lot of sense. Definitely want to do some research on that :)

We stop growing only if we stick on the mental side, fixed personality bias. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.