Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JevinR

If We Can't Kill Ego, What Do We Do?

6 posts in this topic

I've been searching for a way to kill the ego, but that itself is the ego's doing. What do I do?

@JevinR Begin to de-construct the old conditioned 'you', while gradually replacing it with higher-conscious parts. Leo's weekly teachings can help you do that one step at a time. I use the week to contemplate and to make necessary adjustments in those areas. If you force a change, the ego will put up all sorts of resistance and throw a tantrum like a spoiled child. Transcend it with awareness, patience and compassion, and watch 'the spoiled child' giving up its territory inch at a time until it finally fully surrenders. 

Actually kill the thought of killing the ego. It is something that is of evolutionary value. Love yourself for what you are. Stop judging your ego and just move in the right direction. 

10 hours ago, Natasha said:

@JevinR Begin to de-construct the old conditioned 'you', while gradually replacing it with higher-conscious parts. Leo's weekly teachings can help you do that one step at a time. I use the week to contemplate and to make necessary adjustments in those areas. If you force a change, the ego will put up all sorts of resistance and throw a tantrum like a spoiled child. Transcend it with awareness, patience and compassion, and watch 'the spoiled child' giving up its territory inch at a time until it finally fully surrenders. 

great answer Natasha, when we function as the great IAM that we really are, the ego has no power, the functioning of the identity and ego is in the back seat without power until we return to functioning as the identity.