Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caelanb

Questions about Contemplation

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a few questions about contemplation.

First, How do I know when I have found an answer? I know it is not about finding an answer but about clarifying the question, but the question must stop somewhere, so when to decide that you found an answer or that you can stop? You can't just keep asking questions because then you'll never get anywhere. And coming of from that, how do you know if your asking the right questions?

Second, for people someone who has never contemplated before, should you do it for 30 or 60 minutes when just starting out?

Third, can you contemplate on what is contemplation?

And lastly, what does Leo mean by going meta, observing the contemplation while observing that? How do you do that? Does not make sense, it's like doing two things at once.

Thank you.

:D

Depends on what sort of questions you seek answers to.

Start by contemplating simple ordinary things like: Why do people lie? What is anger? What is fear? What is success? Etc.

Those you can get answers to pretty easily just by mulling them over and observing your direct experience.

More profound questions like -- What is existence? What am I? What is God? Why is there something rather than nothing? What is death? What is a distinction? -- require transcending the mind into mystical states of consciousness. This can take a lot of focus and work, and it's tricky because the mind itself will get in the way of the answer. The answer to these questions will be experiential, not verbal or logical.

The best way to answer your question by taking a psychedelic. You will see within minutes what the answers to such questions feel like. They are often hyper-intuitive, non-verbal, non-linear, and trans-rational.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

How you find an answer which you don't know what it is ?

Who validates the answer ?

For me , comtemplation , to be valuable , you don't search for an answer , you just investigate , if you are trying to grab some answer , maybe it is just blocking your comtemplation .

Thank you @Leo Gura and @tecladocasio I see what you mean, it's less about trying to find and answer, but just observing your experience and investigating, not rationalizing. This seems very unfamiliarly, weird and dificult to me, but i'll try. I cannot take psychedelics because they are illegal here, I don't know where to find them, I am not very comfortable with the idea of taking any because of the stigma they have of being drugs, as well as I don't know how to use them, but I'll think about it. 

:D