Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kieranperez

If Truth Be Told - Om Swami (10/10)

2 posts in this topic

I just finished reading this for the 2nd time in 3 months and I cried as much as I did at the end as I did the first. If you're really passionate about enlightenment and you want to make your life's goal to surrender and become one with God and you're considering becoming a monk, read this book. Om Swami has easily become one of my biggest role models. His story will humble you, surprise you, and inspire you. You can literally match up this beautiful memoir of his with the life of Buddha. He makes this journey come to life and really shows you exactly the level of discipline, surrender, devotion, commitment, and also positive motivation you need to have to pursue this. I'm probably going to keep this book for as long as I live. This is probably my favorite book of all time based on how much this resonates with me. Let this serve as a message that becoming a modern day Buddha is possible even today. If you're a Westerner your path may not look identical to this but let this serve as the powerful truth that this is what life is about. I hope this book does for you like it has for me.