Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
luckieluuke

Nootropics scare me a bit....

1 post in this topic

My line of thought:
1.We´ve learnt so much about how the body works the last century but still the recomended diet  hasnt changed much: eat a bit of everything.

2. Our bodies have evolved with the food we eat. For instance its made to take care of an apple as it is, but not if you extract and purify one component of it. Such as sugar or even vitamins (in pills)

3. We think we understand nature, we make a map of the reality but it´s just a map and we´re not clever enough to understand reality. For instance we think we have a problem with a plant so we import a animal to eat it, changing the whole eco system and creating more problem then we had.
This is the common problem of the intellect and thought. We try to control reality and when we act we create more problems which we try to solve and end up creating more problems creating a never ending spiral (Maybe in a similar way we created our ego cause we couldn´t face the void)

Following this line of thought I fear that we think we understand how the brain and body works and according to this understanding we bring in a new parameter in the system that has never been there before in that shape and form (a purified selection of compounds, ie nootropics) in order to make it better. But we have no idea of the reality of the situation, only our concepts of how it should work. Then again this is how we learn, we dare to try new stuff....

I can´t help to think that the difficulties we have as individuals are in fact what we need to learn and become better. If you are depressed and take a pill it makes it better but you don´t solve the problem. If you have no energy and solve it with drugs then you don´t solve the problem. If you lack motivation maybe a pill isn´t the answer, maybe you have to change you´r lifestyle, friends, philosophy, work etc and grow as a person. But there is a part smaller or bigger in all of us that don´t want to change.

Still, I might be trying nootropics myself