Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elysian

Are passions distractions?

21 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

To me, it seems like you are at a stage with lots of de-identification with the personality. Perhaps part of the integration of your recent enlightening experience.

Definitely. Watching my personality as just a mental process was an eye opener.

8 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'm going to develop a course at some point for helping people find their list of authentic actual problem situations in their own life.  But here's my list for what it's worth:

# MY MACRO-LEVEL ACTUAL PROBLEM SITUATIONS {}

1. Practice frugality.
  2. Keep theory to a minimum in Journal Vol. 9.
  3. Nip distractions in the bud.
  4. Nip addictions in the bud.
  5. Become a vegan.
  6. Implement list of 'New Rules'.
  7. Do more cardio exercise.
  8. Do more weight training.
  9. Adequate income.
  10. Adequate savings for retirement.
  11. Take better care of my appearance.
  12. Complete a schedule everyday.
  13. Sleep 12 pm - 8 am daily.
  14. Obtain fast and reliable technology for my home office.

Ah, sure I have some of those issues I'm currently working on, or have dealt with. Some of those on this list don't have a high priority in my mind, but as examples I get the point.

Probably my biggest 'problem situations' are related to health. I've been dealing with an ailment that doctors believe is autoimmune related, but they haven't found anything conclusive preventing medical treatment. Essentially my connective tissue is easily damaged/weak, and doing even basic stretching or light exercise can cause a tear in a tendon, some of which got so serious that the damage is permanent. 

That's lead to a whole other range of issues, mainly though a loss in muscle mass by not being able to exercise properly. Since thousands spent got me nowhere with doctors, I'm just trying to do the best I can to improve my health in every way I can. Diet/cutting out meats, focus on improving mental health/reducing stress, doing what movements I can. My hope is that since autoimmune related issues can often be caused by stress, that this will improve my situation. Time will tell.

I've got some addictions I've been working through, but have either eliminated some or made progress on others. Also trying to remove all distractions, but that's a work in progress. It seems when I've removed 'all' of my current distractions, my mind goes crazy, almost like it's kicking and screaming with the amount of thought that gets kicked up into the conscious. Very difficult to sit with objectively.

Edited by Elysian